By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima, What Really happened: SOLVED!

Going to Sony would be great for both parties as Sony is known for funding games that are experimental.

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:
Going to Sony would be great for both parties as Sony is known for funding games that are experimental.

Would be awesome if it happened, but I sincerely doubt it would. All the other people who have left konami have gone on to create their own studios.

There is a big question mark as to why they removed kojima productions from the game labels though.

Perchance the name was purchased?

It's an okish theory, not entirely 100% grounded but fairly ok.

Title felt a bit misleading though and I hope the reality is Kojima making his games multiplat, I'm getting tired of eharing people getting giddy of a developer going exclusive to only one platform, not all of us like the idea of that since it alienates other people's platforms of choice, it's better for everyone to play the game on their own platforms, the more players the better.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Title felt a bit misleading though and I hope the reality is Kojima making his games multiplat, I'm getting tired of eharing people getting giddy of a developer going exclusive to only one platform, not all of us like the idea of that since it alienates other people's platforms of choice, it's better for everyone to play the game on their own platforms, the more players the better.

So, it's ok for gamers to be exclusive but not developers? If you want to play the game buy the system :D

Nintendo knows if you want to play mario you have to buy a nintendo. It's only the gamer's loss if they don't buy one.

I know the theory isn't entirely grounded, but it's a theory of subterfuge worthy of the metal gear solid name itself. It only makes sense to see something betweeen the lines. XD

There is still open the question of why they removed kojima productions and a hideo kojima game from the boxes. The simplest explanation is a massive falling out. But it's possible the name the was out.

Wouldn't mind if he went to Sony, dude is a one hit wonder.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm glad it was interesting to read. Sorry for the wall of text.

You shall not pass!!!!

DakonBlackblade said:
What happens to Silent Hills is all I realy care about right now.

I don't think that Kojima will cancel that project. In the worst case scenario Kojima along with Del Toro will make a horror game on his new studio and rebrand it to something else, Del Toro will not work on Silent Hills without Kojima.

theprof00 said:
Chazore said:

So, it's ok for gamers to be exclusive but not developers? If you want to play the game buy the system :D

Nintendo knows if you want to play mario you have to buy a nintendo. It's only the gamer's loss if they don't buy one.

I'm fine with Nintendo because Nintendo own their games, Sony doesn't own Kojima and I don't think they should, especially since MGS as a series is now multiplatform I find Kojima having his future games being multiplatform to be a good thing for gamers worldwide, those that want him exclusive to their platform of choice are people who don't really understand others who don't want to buy into their system, I see nothing good about him being exclusive to Sony other than a forced bargaining chip.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

theprof00 said:
Guitarguy said:

Would be awesome if it happened, but I sincerely doubt it would. All the other people who have left konami have gone on to create their own studios.

There is a big question mark as to why they removed kojima productions from the game labels though.

Perchance the name was purchased?

They probably didn't want his name on their stuff anymore now that he is gone. It makes sense, but it probably doesn't bode well for the Kojima Productions team. Either they get renamed, or they close. 

Chazore said:

And whos giving him the money for new projects? EA? We are in enverioment where AAA is dying, i dont see publsiher giving him some money to make now all of the sudden new games because that would take some time until we would see results. Except for a console maker