By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Consoles Have Changed #DealWithIt

Do you think this is the natural evolution of consoles?

Yes 23 41.07%

No 33 58.93%

Total:56
thekitchensink said:
Normchacho said:
Wait? Is this a thing? Aren't consoles just gaming focused, plug and play PCs? Isn't that what they've pretty much always been...

They used to be.  Now it's more along the lines of 'plug and sign in and install and update and play and then buy the rest of the game.'

actually you dont need to either sing in or download anything. Install times on PS4 are about a minute long and you can even start playing before it's completley installed anywhere, so its illegible

Around the Network

Are hashtags in thread titles the new trend? I need to get in on this.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Hiku said:
Ruler said:
ReviewtechUSAs video is total BS and misinformation. The ps4 lets you play almost every game while installing the game at the same time unlike PCs

My personal expierence

physical Games i could play while installing
Alien isolation = sega
Order 1886 = sony
last of us = sony
Evil within =Bethesda
Knack =sony
Tomb raider =SquareEnix

Downloadable Demos and betas i had to wait for installing before i could start them despite having allready downloaded
Battlefield hardline beta= EA
destiny demo = Activision

Question for you. Did you experience the game freezing at any point while playing a game that was still installing?

Not at all, its just very load because the drive reads the disc for 20 minutes nonestop

d21lewis said:
Famicom.

Family Computer.

I always thought it was short for "family cum".

Why don't people put in the game to install while they are doing some chores or something. Whenever I get a new game, I put it in, let it install and just take care of something else for 30 minutes. It's not the biggest problem.

Personally I'd complain more about consoles moving in a digital direction since that was one of the main reasons I stuck with consoles over PC.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Ruler said:

Not at all, its just very load because the drive reads the disc for 20 minutes nonestop

Very load = slow loading while playing the game?
I asked because someone told me their Alien Isolation froze when he played it faster than the game had installed. And I believe he said this had happened with other games as well. I thought that even if you reach parts that hadn't installed yet, the game should just be able to load from the disc instead, but it would obviously be slow. I don't see why it would need to freeze.

I think he means loud.

Well, if you play PC games with it, it might as well be a PC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mr.Playstation said:

If you can't stand this change that consoles are going through, then please go buy a pc or continue playing on any sixth generation console.

I actually just did that only I sold my PS4 to fund a Sega Genesis and like, 30 classic games with cases and manuals. Couldn't be happier. 

d21lewis said:
Famicom.

Family Computer.

On NES, you bought one system that stayed the same and never changed for the entire life of the console. You went to the store, bought games that were (unless they weren't good) 100% tested and complete (no DLC) for one price. You popped the game in, you played. Simple, easy and totally different than PC.

That was what console gaming use to be... console gaming. That's the point here. That consoles have become PC "like".

Kane1389 said:
thekitchensink said:

They used to be.  Now it's more along the lines of 'plug and sign in and install and update and play and then buy the rest of the game.'

actually you dont need to either sign in

Yes, you do. Unless you don't want to save anything, you HAVE to log into a user.