By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii's WPB vs Xbox 360 RRoD. Double standard???

WPB: Won't Play Brawl.

Wii's WPB issue: Won't play Brawl, probably won't play any future double-layered disc games. You shouldn't attempt to fix it yourself. Can't return to retailer

Solution: Return it to Nintendo for free repair

Xbox RRoD: Won't play games, dead, You shouldn't attempt to fix it yourself. you shouldn't return it to retailer.

Solution: Return it to Microsoft for free repair

Now, I own neither console, but is it me or whenever RRoD issue comes up, people calls Microsoft all kind of name, while Nintendo seems to be getting away with all the bad PRs?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Well the WPB issue has not been there since the console was first released so i think thats what the difference in attitue is from! I mean i never heard about this untill today where-as everyone knows about the RRoD :P

This is not a hardware deffect it is The optical Lens getting dirty and needing to have the dust removed. One could easly fix that themselves if it they do not care about the warrenty. You can not but maybe temporarly fix rrod.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
RolStoppable said:
What exactly are you trying to say?

hes the kingofPHAIL!

WPB and RRoD are totally different.

You can still play other Wii games, while a RRoD you can't play any games.

Not playing brawl would probably suck for a Wii owner, but they can play other games.

Around the Network
kenzomatic said:
This is not a hardware deffect it is The optical Lens getting dirty and needing to have the dust removed. One could easly fix that themselves if it they do not care about the warrenty. You can not but maybe temporarly fix rrod.

But the truth is, it just doesn't work, whether it's from overheating or dust. Having to send your console back in to repair is the same.

Of course, you can fix RRoD, it won't be easy and it will void your warranty also. All I'm saying is, whether Microsoft is being treated unfairly when it comes to defected console issue.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

It's just because the RROD issue is so much worse.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I think it is just how wide spread the 360's problems are. I have had two PS3s break (only one fatal) and I have not really complained about it

kingofwale said:
kenzomatic said:

But the truth is, it just doesn't work, whether it's from overheating or dust. Having to send your console back in to repair is the same.

Of course, you can fix RRoD, it won't be easy and it will void your warranty also. All I'm saying is, whether Microsoft is being treated unfairly when it comes to defected console issue.

The hatred (I believe) comes from Microsoft knowing about the problem and caring more about getting the system released then the quality. Nintendo discovered the problem while making brawl.

Microsoft has a history of bad customer relations
Nintendo has a history of good
X-box had a ton of problems as well
The gamecube you could roll down the stairs and it still worked

Microsoft make windows and has misplaced hate from that as well.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

What's the percentage of people who can't play Brawl?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957