By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Blaze said:

I was so excited when LO was first being shown then the reviews kindda knocked that back a bit.

Once i started playing tho its awesome.... this is the first time in a long time i am 10+ hours into a JRPG and am not losing interest in the game...

Better then FF7 eh i don't know about that i mean they did it first so prolly not but LO is a good game but i happen to like that combat system because i can control everyone not just the AI running stuff for me.

They didnt do it first. Square Enix wouldn't have the Final Fantasy Pedigree if it wasnt for Hironobu Sakaguchi.

He was at the head of all decision from 1 - 10. Makes you think why 12 was so poor doesnt it? 

Around the Network

As a game that comes out almost 10 years later than FFVII, one would expect it to be quite a bit better.

FFVII was hailed because of it's features and presentation at the time. It made a very big impact on the JRPG genre, something that Lost Oddysee failed to do..

I find it sad that there are people who couldn't appreciate FFXII, but I for one thought it was great and welcomed the changes to the somewhat stagnant genre.

Lost Oddysee got the same feeling from me as Dragon Quest VIII did. I enjoyed it, but it didn't really leave an impact.

@selnor

12 = Poor...WTF

Well it definetely wasn't worse than the piece of crap 8 was..

BTW

sakaguchi NEVER directed an FF after 4...

so the best FF which was VI didn't have that much input from him

12 was definetely the most innovative of all of them..& it got higher reviews than LO

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Darc Requiem said:
Dallinor said:
Metacritic:

Final Fantasy 7: 92%
Lost Odyssey: 79%

Sales:

Final Fantasy 7 = 9.78 million
Lost Odyssey = 340K

I'm not saying the game is bad, but Final fantasy VII was a much bigger success both critically and sales wise. With some critics claiming FFVII "redefined the RPG genre".

Final Fantasy VII is the most overrated game of all time. It has horrible story, weak characters, and awful gameplay. I wouldn't insult Lost Odyssey or any other good RPG for that matter by comparing it with Final Fantasy VII.

==> WOW

u may not like FF7,
u may think it is overrated (I believe as most successfull games)
but claim FF7 sucks is simply "poor"

FF7 is a very good game. The story is better than the average RPG, same for the character or gameplay.

Time to Work !

darthdevidem01 said:
@selnor

12 = Poor...WTF

Well it definetely wasn't worse than the piece of crap 8 was..

BTW

sakaguchi NEVER directed an FF after 4...

so the best FF which was VI didn't have that much input from him

12 was definetely the most innovative of all of them..& it got higher reviews than LO
? Yes he did. I have special of edition from Singapore of FF7. With interview with Sakaguchi!. LOL.FF was his Idea. Entirely.  

Around the Network

@selnor

ofcourse he did, but he NEVER had such a "high" role in ANY FF after IV...

Hell in FFX he had a limited role...& he was then FIRED for gettign Squaresoft ALMOST Bankrupt through his failed FF CGI movie..

he deserved it imo

1 person a GREAT game does not make = the WHOLE team makes a great game

majority of that "whole" team DIDN'T work on FF12 (FF tactics team worked on that), but the ORIGINAL FF team is working on FF13

FF13 will truly tell us whether sakaguchi leaving had any impact or not

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well as an avid JRPG player. 10 wasnt that great either. 6 and 7 are the best. and Chrono Trigger is there to. But Lost Odyssey so far 10 hours in is the best Iv'e played period.

Funny how I never said this about Blue Dragon hey.

No, the last game Sakaguchi directed was FFV.

Darc Requiem said:
Dallinor said:
Metacritic:

Final Fantasy 7: 92%
Lost Odyssey: 79%

Sales:

Final Fantasy 7 = 9.78 million
Lost Odyssey = 340K

I'm not saying the game is bad, but Final fantasy VII was a much bigger success both critically and sales wise. With some critics claiming FFVII "redefined the RPG genre".

Final Fantasy VII is the most overrated game of all time. It has horrible story, weak characters, and awful gameplay. I wouldn't insult Lost Odyssey or any other good RPG for that matter by comparing it with Final Fantasy VII.

And we start again...just show your opinions at the thread but don't say your statements like a fact,the FFVII history is great and awesome for me,the gameplay is classic and with a wide variety in terms of magic,summon,techniques,scenarios,characters,enemies,turns in the plot,sad and tragic moments,redemptiuons moments....just because you hate the FACT that almost everyone that had played the game LOVED IT bothers you?

The insult are you talking about one of the greatest,defining genre,RPG's of ever,disgrace this fine game and this fine genre talking trash like that. 

Remember about the Gamerankings score....Reviewers were sent faulty copies of the game.

Since that huge error was found, more recent reviewers have increased their scores accordingly (it was at 74%, then jumped to 79 in a matter of a few reviews).

Being better than game A or B is merely subjective. Blue Dragon (for me) was better than some Final Fantasies, worse than others...And that was just BD.

As for the sales comparison, Dallinor, that's a joke. Your comparing a Final Fantasy which was revolutionary at the time, on a system that had a 100million instal base versus a system that might reach 50 million - and very few of which live in Japan...

And despite that, LO might still break 1m thanks to US and European sales.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.