By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Going Mobile, Good or bad?

It's a very good move.

Leaving an entire gamer base (mobile) alone and not taking advantage of it is downright stupid.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure it'll be horrible and hurt their hardware sales. They will make a lot of cash, but I'm not gonna waste my time with their new mobile games if they are like all the other crappy mobile games.

PxlStorm said:
I'm pretty sure it'll be horrible and hurt their hardware sales.
They will make a lot of cash, but I'm not gonna waste my time with their new mobile games if they are like all the other crappy mobile games.

Can it really get any worse?? =P

I also want to ask. What would you all like to see them do with mobiles?

ktay95 said:
PxlStorm said:
I'm pretty sure it'll be horrible and hurt their hardware sales.
They will make a lot of cash, but I'm not gonna waste my time with their new mobile games if they are like all the other crappy mobile games.

Can it really get any worse?? =P

The 3DS hardware sales? The only thing keeping Nintendo alive? Yes.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

I want them to all out on this, a full blown app store of their own with proper games like Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Pokemon Snap, Mario Party etc.

Yeah we all know that will only happen if there next handheld sells like Vita.

This is good.. (and there are no way to see this as bad.. imo)

Can't wait to see a "Mario game" to hit 200 mill.. :)

ktay95 said:
JayWood2010 said:

I want them to all out on this, a full blown app store of their own with proper games like Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Pokemon Snap, Mario Party etc.

omg, Pokemon snap would be perfect o.O

JayWood2010 said:
ktay95 said:
JayWood2010 said:

omg, Pokemon snap would be perfect o.O

Yeah Nikkom mentioned it, now we shall all be dissapointed by Nintendo's offerings.

Time will tell.

It's a tricky situation and it will all depend on how Nintendo (and DeNA) manage the IPs and the games based on them.

If done right, this could be an excellent move: Nintendo will have a new source of income and will reach an audience that has slowly moved away not only from them but from gaming in dedicated devices in general, and that may be convinced to buy them to play bigger and better versions of what they can experience on on their phones/tablets.

But if they do it wrong, they'll be in deep trouble: current console customers may find no need to buy those machines as they can get the same experiences on the phones/tablets they already have and for much less money, thus forcing Nintendo to leave the console business at all.

As I said, only time will tell.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.