By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Going Mobile, Good or bad?

On one side of things Nintendo going mobile has obviously made them look a lot better to investors.  In that retrospect, its a good thing.  On the other hand, it takes away from Nintendo's dedicated handhelds which is much bigger than their home consoles.  Dating all the way back to Gameboy Nintendo has dominated this market.

To me though, I believe this is only a plus.  What i imagine is that Nintendo will support Mobiles wit classics and smaller games similar to what mobile already does.  However, this allows brand recognition to flourish which i think is a big deal.  The more kids that knows who mario is, the better.  Plus its easy money.  I think if treated correctly its a similar situation that Microsoft is in with XB and PC.  How do you support both while still making your console viable?  I think Nintendo is in the same situation with Handhelds and mobile.  They just need to learn what to put on each platform to make it successful.

There is also the possibility of Nintendo making their own mobile device that acts like a handheld as well.  Which is a big possibility.

Anyways, what do you guys think?  Good, bad, not sure?  What franchises would you like to see go mobile?  Whould you like them to be the same games as their handheld counterparts, or would you rather them be smaller games that acts as advertising for their bigger games?  Similar to Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus

Around the Network

I have literally no idea. They better fucking release a direct soon, though.

It depends on how it's done, one wrong move could fuck them up.

It could be good, a nice way to turn in some profits and create some advertising for their dedicated systems. But we don't really know to much so far so it's hard to say really.

Bad or Good, we have to wait and see. It can go either way.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Like any decision it could go good or bad. Considering that Nintendo takes deep consideration into the use of their IP and how it is used overall, this could be a quality partnership that produces decent mobile experiences. I'm excited for it and I will avidly support their mobile games. Just as long as they are Cdi game ports, we'll be okay guys. And again, this is just for mobile. They'll still make handheld and console games soo...

I am skepticle

Good, because they will not focus only on mobile

Click HERE and be happy 

Nintendo going mobile and leaving consoles: bad.
Nintendo going mobile, but keeping strongly focused on consoles: good.

Seems that the second one is happening. Evidence is that they made a deal with a mobile game company. So they wont make the mobile games, DeNa will. Nintendo developers teams will continue to be developing console and handheld games.

I don't know yet, I'm just uneasy about splitting a brand into millions of other parts, sure on the outside it looks like a plus but really the person who wants the whole pie is going to have to buy all the other parts just to assemble all the pieces that originally were all together as a whole, that works best for the company but not for the consumer, it's a model I really hate because deep down splitting something that was once whole into pieces and still trying to make those pieces look as viable as the whole original piece just ends up loking like a slap in the face advertisement.

That said if this somehow affects WIi U and their handhelds then I'm jumping off the Nintendo ship, I've always hated how cheap and extremely littered and casual mobile gaming is, sure it makes a metric tonne of money but so does war and other things that on the outside appear good but on the inside are bad, just because mobile gaming makes a lot of money and is a big market doesn't automatically mean it;s a brilliant amazing market for absolutely everyone, if Nintendo supports mobile more often than their handhelds/home consoles then they are simply going back to the Wii era where they traded the market that made them what they are in exchange for the casual market who dropped them like a hat and don't care for them, if this is how you make money then really I don't see why a company should care about their product or their consumers in the first place if the only good thing is exchaning one market for another because it makes more money.

I wonder how long can Nintendo support handheld, home console and mobile along with others they throw under their wing, from what I;ve seen with other companies in the past that have tried to accomodate multiple markets and products, I'd think not very long.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"