By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My first Shin Megami Tensei game - Tips for a beginner?

spemanig said

- Mysterious Story of Tennozu

Have fun with the quest that follows after this one. There's a chance you might actually die for the first time since the early game...

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

Have fun with the quest that follows after this one. There's a chance you might actually die for the first time since the early game...

Lol, I definitely don't look forward to it.

noname2200 said:

Update: I beat them my first try while I'm pretty sure I was way underleveled (MC is at 66 while the rest of my team is low 60s) lol not difficult at all thanks to Tetra/Makarakarn hax. I literally only got hit by one attack. :P

-snip-

Double post.

Wow... So after 11 hours, I'm finally done with these stupid quests. Way too much filler content for one of the game's endings. I can't lie, though; the Nozomi quests were nice, even if a little silly. The consistency did a lot to make the questing feel less tedious.

I'm probably going to take a break though and finish the game off tomorrow, since, well, let's just say that this game has made me lose confidence in when I think the game is almost over lol.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
noname2200 said:

Update: I beat them my first try while I'm pretty sure I was way underleveled (MC is at 66 while the rest of my team is low 60s) lol not difficult at all thanks to Tetra/Makarakarn hax. I literally only got hit by one attack. :P

"Them"? I thought the quest after that one was where you fought Baazlebub alone. Guess I got my info wrong! In any case, congrats on beating the game!

noname2200 said:

"Them"? I thought the quest after that one was where you fought Baazlebub alone. Guess I got my info wrong! In any case, congrats on beating the game!

I'm pretty sure I never fought Baalzebub lol and I'm at the final boss now.

Oh, and for the record, it was Merkamah who put me in my place. As of now, definitely the most difficult fight in the game. (Though I was, and still am, severely underleveled.)

And I'm finally done! Whoo! I have to say, aside from the mind-numbing bullshit that was the Neutral Path Challenge Quests, I'm pretty satisfied. I think there are quite a lot definite flaws, but even so I have to say that I'm now officially a Shin Megami Tensei fan!

I seriously can't wait to see how SMT x FE turns out now. I hope that Kazuma Takeno returns as a character artist, because all I kept thinking was how much I wish the game looked like Nocturne.

Not that the art isn't very good regardless, but it doesn't carry that same feel that his art does. Though some of the demon designs were straight up terribly drawn, and I can tell that those weren't his designs.

So, after reading this thread I decided to download the game. Looks like it will have a lot of fun.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile