By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is VGC annoying to use these days? Ads, pop-ups etc.

Another thing which annoys me are the huge signatures some people have in these forums, and the replies with (mostly useless) large quotes

Around the Network

Before I got pops up viewing front page and posts but now barely any. The ads on the page sometimes takes time to load but I can easily ignore the ads. Tho when I view games and try to see some stuff on the game page, pop ups sometimes do show up and block some view. Those are the most annoying kind of pop ups...

I'm not down on ads of course they are needed but pop-ups are just annoying, its in the name pop-up, sounds like it'll be annoying.

d21lewis said:
Yeah. I used to post exclusively from my Wii. Now, I can only view half the threads. Even then, the thread has to be less than a page long. When I started going to random sites when I clicked on any information, I decided to break out my laptop again. Man I miss Wii posting!! Laying on the sofa posting on VGChartz was like relaxation therapy. Now *gasp* I have to sit up.

Maybe this helps... If you already have managed read the beginning of the page, click the info button, select edit address and put a random number after word "start" (for example "start=0" -> "start=20"). @Machina-AX: I just noticed, why does your sigs predictions say "Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, Playstation 3"?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

on firefox and started blocking them because they were happening one per thread.

I don't mind if the entirety of the top, sides, and bottom are pasted with ads. I also don't mind the ones that are implanted in the threads. (with the condition that they aren't screaming hello all the time)

but the constant pop ups forced the adblock

With opera I can't see threads.
With mozilla I get pop ups.

:(;

Around the Network

@OP:
Use good old firefox + Noscript add on + Adblock Plus.

I see nothing but thread when I use that combo, I was quite shocked the first time I looked at this forum with IE, so many ads :D