By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will 3DS's holiday title be?

?

Fire Emblem if 30 34.48%

Metroid 19 21.84%

Pokemon Z 25 28.74%

A remake 4 4.60%

Other 9 10.34%

Total:87
ikki5 said:

By this logic the gameboy advanced was an updated system and no, gold and Siver did not work on the original Gameboy. I am trying it right now and it doesn't work. If they are supposed to work then maybe I have newer copies of the game but surly, my gold cartridge does not work with my Gameboy. (yes, my gameboy works)

You're either lying or your GB is busted, because that's not true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver

Unless you're from South Korea, your copy of Gold/Silver should work on the Gameboy, just like everyone elses.

Crystal was the only Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon game exclusive to the GBC. Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, and Silver all worked on the original Gameboy. The Gameboy Color was an update to the Gameboy just like the GBA SP, the DSi, and the New 3DS. The GBA was a new system entirely. Just like the DS and 3DS after it.

It goes:

Gameboy (Pocket)(Color)

Gameboy Advance (SP)(Micro)

Nintendo DS (Lite)(i/i XL)

Nintendo 3DS (XL)(2DS)(New/New XL)

Around the Network
spemanig said:
ikki5 said:

By this logic the gameboy advanced was an updated system and no, gold and Siver did not work on the original Gameboy. I am trying it right now and it doesn't work. If they are supposed to work then maybe I have newer copies of the game but surly, my gold cartridge does not work with my Gameboy. (yes, my gameboy works)

You're either lying or your GB is busted, because that's not true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver

Unless you're from South Korea, your copy of Gold/Silver should work on the Gameboy, just like everyone elses.

Crystal was the only Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon game exclusive to the GBC. Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, and Silver all worked on the original Gameboy. The Gameboy Color was an update to the Gameboy just like the GBA SP, the DSi, and the New 3DS. The GBA was a new system entirely. Just like the DS and 3DS after it.

It goes:

Gameboy (Pocket)(Color)

Gameboy Advance (SP)(Micro)

Nintendo DS (Lite)(i/i XL)

Nintendo 3DS (XL)(2DS)(New/New XL)

Nope, doesn't work but F1 racing and Tetris works. So either they made newer verions of the game that don't work or my game is busted in a way that it works on my Gameboy colour and not my gameboy. Even then, it still doesn't matter because there were many games that were make for the gameboy colour that were not for the gameboy. Look at it as being a game that is backwards compatable if gold and silver did work. Also, don't forget that gold and silver were originally released for the gameboy colour and not the original gameboy. With the gameboy colour prettying being the next generation gameboy, it is defintailly a different situation as to here where the only different betwee this 3DS and the new 3DS is that it gives you better hardware specs. There is nothing really new to it to revolutionize the system.

Pokemon Z is likely. "Third version" Pokemon games tend to be released within two years of the main duo, so a Q4 worldwide release is reasonable. Pokemon Z would ideally be playable on all 3DS models with extra features on the "New" series, such as a more constant 3D effect.

Yokai Watch is probably also coming west later this year, likely to tie into the Pokemon market. Nintendo would be the most likely publisher.

Rhythm Heaven for the 3DS is confirmed, and should be big in Japan. Fire Emblem will probably be released this year in Japan, but might take some extra months to get a Western release. I don't expect a year-long gap this time though.

Not a big year, but Nintendo needs to prepare for their next handheld.

Love and tolerate.

ikki5 said:

Nope, doesn't work but F1 racing and Tetris works. So either they made newer verions of the game that don't work or my game is busted in a way that it works on my Gameboy colour and not my gameboy. Even then, it still doesn't matter because there were many games that were make for the gameboy colour that were not for the gameboy. Look at it as being a game that is backwards compatable if gold and silver did work. Also, don't forget that gold and silver were originally released for the gameboy colour and not the original gameboy. With the gameboy colour prettying being the next generation gameboy, it is defintailly a different situation as to here where the only different betwee this 3DS and the new 3DS is that it gives you better hardware specs. There is nothing really new to it to revolutionize the system.

They weren't "backwards compatible" and they weren't "originally released for the GBC." They were just enhanced when using the GBC, like Yellow was. The GBC was not "pretty much the next generation Gameboy." You're literally making things up. That's not true. It was just an enhanced Gameboy, and there were few games that only worked on the GBC. There was nothing about the GBC that "revolutionized" the Gameboy.

There's literally no difference in the situations other than the fact that the GB had a much longer life than the 3DS will.

Fire Emblem just doesn't seem big enough. I would expect them to announce their big holiday title at E3 Direct. Hopefully a new IP.

Around the Network

Fire Emblem
N3DS remake (mario sunshine?)
Yokai Watch