By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Has Lineup of Big Games For Q4, Some Unannounced, Says Journalist

GT7 alone will crush everything MS has and would be more then enough for the holidays. But there are bunch of wws studious that have been working secretly for 2/3 years now and we know nothing about their games.

They may just have a big 3rd party exclusive to announce at E3

Around the Network

would be good news to me, as long as these are just more remasters and hd collections

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

aLkaLiNE said:
As I've said in another thread, Sony wouldn't let uncharted get delayed without having a plan B. Look at how well they've played the gen thus far - there's no way this holiday season will be devoid of a major exclusive.

Except Sony would actually do that. There is no way in hell Sony would let out a rushed Naughty Dog game, even if the holiday has 0 games.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

PwerlvlAmy said:
would be good news to me, as long as these are just more remasters and hd collections

But it's worked so well so far

If they are lacking a holyday exclusive they should just contract some studios to make an Uncharted HD collection like the masterchief collection last year.

Not that i'd buy it but it would give them UC for this year since 4 is not comming.

Around the Network

Uncharted Trilogy Remastered.

Eh I think they moved up Spring 2015 games due Uncharted 4 presence. Which in turn might impact their quality.

gran turismo was once said to be a possibly 2014 game so 2015 seems likely.

rachet and clank has no date yet, this holiday is possible.

gravity rush 2 is long overdue and everyone expects the delay is due to ps4.

the last guardian is a possibility i suppose, they at least say it is still in dev.

uncharted collection is likely imo.

some other surprise like MM or bend or QD cause too much of sonys devs have been quiet for too long.

....there will be something but nothing as important as uncharted.

I know you guys laugh but I'd be down with a God of War and Uncharted collection. Sure it wouldn't be AAA tier but, it'd be plenty of content for the dollar. Then again this was always a Wii-U year for me with Zelda, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Starfox. I'm sure I'm missing some.

Well there are plenty of 1st party developers that are yet to announce a major exclusive for PS4.
It's not unlike Sony to announce a big AAA game and release it inside of a year of announcement, I mean PS4's entire launch line-up had that happen to it, same goes for Bloodborne and LBP3.

Quantic Dream has their new IP to announce at some point.

Obviously there are games like Agent and The Last Guardian which were announced ages ago and those could very well make a comeback at E3, with gameplay shown and Fall/Holiday 2015 release dates given.
Besides Rockstar it's possible another big 3rd party developer from the west could have a PS4 exclusive in development and this has been Sony's plan all along, either release Uncharted 4 or give the game more time to incubate and get another title out.

Obviously Guerrilla Games has their new IP in development, they've been releasing a title every 2 years ever since Killzone 2 came out, either their new IP is going to release this year, a new Killzone (perhaps based on Mercenary) will be ready and Cambridge are working on that or GGC has a Resistance game in the works and that will release near the Holidays.

GT7 has been announced since like 2013, so it's a possibility, until Kaz or someone from Sony WWS says otherwise.

People often forget how good Ratchet & Clank can be, those are huge games in my mind, Sony could have asked Insomniac to push the release back to the Fall, which would give them way more time to polish the title up and make it the best game it can be.

It's possible that WiLD, Rime or The Tomorrow Children could end up being full retail releases, they all look up to par with AAA games, seemingly packed with content, so given they were already meant to be 2015 releases it wouldn't be much of a stretch for one to get pressed onto bluray.

Level 5 has their exclusive to announce at E3, it could be a new Ni No Kuni, White Knight Chronicles, Dark Chronicle or maybe a completely new IP.

E3 is probably the biggest place that a Holiday release coming out that year could be announced, provided the game(s) get plenty of marketing attention it could actually work far better in Sony's favor for them to dominate the holiday period, especially if game announcements/releases are backed up by great bundles of PS4 with past exclusives, new big AAA 3rd party games and perhaps some digital codes for great indies.

IMO waiting too long to release just kills the hype, better to announce close to when a game is ready to launch, then focus is on you from the beginning.

There's also the big elephant in the room of an official price drop, which Sony has made yet. If they drop the price of the system to $349 or $299, have all of the games they released throughout this year before the holiday and a new major title or two then there's no issues really.

I doubt Sony would let Uncharted 4 miss the holidays if they didn't have something else, in all likelihood Uncharted 4 was probably one of a few games they had to release and the game needs some extra time, so it just means Sony can give those other titles more focus at E3, probably move Uncharted focus back to PSX and it'll just look better for PS4 in the second half of 2015.

Right now though PS4 already has like 16 outright exclusives for the year, about 10 AAA titles, with some F2P and also another 6 major indie games coming, add to that timed exclusivity for No Man's Sky and Hellblade.
Clearly it's a pretty packed line-up, with more games to be announced for Q4 it's a great time for gaming IMO!