By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2015 NPD Thread! 3DS: 395k, PS4: 342k, XBO: 276k, WiiU: 96k

Around the Network

I almost forget that NPD data is released one hour earlier than usual due to Daylight Saving Time.

I apologize in advance for my bad english.

MystVearn said:

I almost forget that NPD data is released one hour earlier than usual due to Daylight Saving Time.

Ah!lol

So this is the reason...And I was saying that they finally realised that they should be doing it earlier!:P

razeredge said:
Talal said:

Found it very odd too. "They know my account and my identity so I'll ban my account, but I'm still gonna leak" Why wouldn't they fire her over this? She confessed that she will still be leaking. She's an odd character. Anyway I hope we will still get leaks one way or the other.

somebody on gaf posted about it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=155266252&postcount=499

"NPD has to draw strangely arbitrary lines to keep their business model going, so it's not that far a stretch. What's the point in paying them for numbers if you can't use them in limited ways? Being able to share them and inferences drawn from them with a limited audience is part of what makes subscribing to the information worthwhile in the first place. So you can't ban that outright without losing all of your customers. They're stuck trying to limit disclosure to the public instead, which is where the forum becomes a clear violation they can clamp down on.

Presuming they don't know what other channels Aquamarine has in mind makes it impossible to claim any specific infringement. It's not like they can claim they need to see all private correspondence without pissing off their subscribers. So while it seems like Aqua is courting more trouble it's also obvious he likes to irritate the NPD at every opportunity so this is consistent, too."

it seems like she likes to deliberately piss off the npd group, but they can't do anything about it if it's private.

"continue leaking on the secret base" could mean like giving numbers to internal chase employees who happen to be on gaf. it could mean anything and npd can't demand to know all private uses of their data. seems like they can only do things when it's public, like when it's posted on gaf or here.

It still doesn't make sense because she doesn't pay for the NPD data, her company does, the company shares the info with their employees (her), she wants to share that info with 3rd parties (favored gaf members) who aren't employees of the group that pay for the subscription (JP Morgan).

I think that at least for 3DS and Wii u we will get numbers as nintendo will point out the higly and rightly expected yoy up,so then we can shamelessly educe the numbers from the respective leaked numbers of 2014!:P

Around the Network
Turkish said:
razeredge said:
Talal said:

Found it very odd too. "They know my account and my identity so I'll ban my account, but I'm still gonna leak" Why wouldn't they fire her over this? She confessed that she will still be leaking. She's an odd character. Anyway I hope we will still get leaks one way or the other.

somebody on gaf posted about it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=155266252&postcount=499

"NPD has to draw strangely arbitrary lines to keep their business model going, so it's not that far a stretch. What's the point in paying them for numbers if you can't use them in limited ways? Being able to share them and inferences drawn from them with a limited audience is part of what makes subscribing to the information worthwhile in the first place. So you can't ban that outright without losing all of your customers. They're stuck trying to limit disclosure to the public instead, which is where the forum becomes a clear violation they can clamp down on.

Presuming they don't know what other channels Aquamarine has in mind makes it impossible to claim any specific infringement. It's not like they can claim they need to see all private correspondence without pissing off their subscribers. So while it seems like Aqua is courting more trouble it's also obvious he likes to irritate the NPD at every opportunity so this is consistent, too."

it seems like she likes to deliberately piss off the npd group, but they can't do anything about it if it's private.

"continue leaking on the secret base" could mean like giving numbers to internal chase employees who happen to be on gaf. it could mean anything and npd can't demand to know all private uses of their data. seems like they can only do things when it's public, like when it's posted on gaf or here.

It still doesn't make sense because she doesn't pay for the NPD data, her company does, the company shares the info with their employees (her), she wants to share that info with 3rd parties (favored gaf members) who aren't employees of the group that pay for the subscription (JP Morgan).

npd doesn't know for sure that the people she's sharing it with aren't jp morgan chase employees, though.

gaf is huge. jp morgan chase is huge. she was smart because she was so vague. it's definitely possible that there are chase employees on gaf.

the two could definitely overlap to the extent that npd can't pinpoint an exact infringement that would go against their contract. so it would piss them off, but they can't do anything about it...aka. aqua's goal.

and as she mentioned she's higher up in jp morgan chase, so maybe she has more leverage over how things are disclosed.

i think npd is just worried about the public leaks though. if aquamarine really stays completely underground, they probably won't go after her anymore.

30 MINUTES TO GO,HYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

razeredge said:
Turkish said:
razeredge said:

npd doesn't know for sure that the people she's sharing it with aren't jp morgan chase employees, though.

gaf is huge. jp morgan chase is huge. she was smart because she was so vague. it's definitely possible that there are chase employees on gaf.

the two could definitely overlap to the extent that npd can't pinpoint an exact infringement that would go against their contract.

and as she mentioned she's higher up in jp morgan chase, so maybe she has more leverage over how things are disclosed.

i think npd is just worried about the public leaks though. if aquamarine really stays completely underground, they probably won't go after her anymore.

She should leak the numbers to Brett(ioi) in order to make any adjustments when it's needed and no one,or at least any npd wallah won't track  down what she would be doing unless they check vgc numbers and would suspect that...

Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley 
PS4 was #1 hardware in February NPD

PS4 was #1 hardware in February NPD.

Sony says PS4 "was #1 in hardware and software sales in February" according to NPD