By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: The PS5 will sell less than 40 million units

Why do you think the PS5 is going to be based around streaming? If you said that about the PS6, you might've had a point, but I really doubt Sony would do that next gen.

Around the Network

hopefull less than 40 PERIOD. the playstation brand is getting on my nerves.

tagging. lets see what happens in a few years.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

jmorris724 said:
hopefull less than 40 PERIOD. the playstation brand is getting on my nerves.

You are 27 years old. And Playstation home console is dominating video games since 1995. You might have nerve issues for a long time.

Around the Network

People already booking on PS5 threads now......

KLXVER said:
bunchanumbers said:

Because their games will be on 300+ million devices on day 1 without worrying about secondhand sales.

Yeah and they would have to make sure that their games would work on every device. All the different control methods, the difference in hardware power, the pricing etc... 

Thats the beauty of streaming. The hardware needed for it isn't nearly as tough as a console. Release a unified controller that connects to most devices and you're all set.

RubberWhistleHistle said:

Right now, the PS4 is appealing to all the casual gamers, be we know how untrusty the casual market is. They never stick to the brand for the long haul. So we cannot just assume Sony is going to hang on to the casual market.

Ok stopped reading there. 

The casuals are not yet buying the PS4. You don't seem to know what casual market is. The casuals won't buy a $400 console, they rend to inky buy 1-3 games per year and they mostly are playing on their smart phones these days. The people buying the PS4 are the very same hardxore crowd Sony/ms sold the PS3/360 to. Kinda hard to take anything you say seriously when you start of so with so much wrong. 

I say bring out the pitch forks. 

Prediction: The PS5 will sell nothing because it won't exist.

PS Now, on the other hand, will be a behemoth.

What are you talking about? The PS5 has already sold 20.2m units, and so has the PS6

The PS5 Exists.