By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Xenoblade Chronicles X Music, Gameplay, Images <3

Love it. My body is ready. I just need a launch date so I can flip the hell out.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
The soundtrack here does have me concerned. It has such tonal inconsistency. Now this can work if the oddities are confined to specific scenarios. Xenoblade Chronicles, while it didn't have rap, did have songs that stick out as odd if the whole soundtrack is just played on CD. But when contextualized by the game - whether just having it in battle or in a cutscene - it all fits together.

But this will be harder to do with these pop and rap vocals. I mean, listen to the other songs in the soundtrack. You have an opera piece, the main theme is an orchestra with choir vocals, the second song in the E3 2014 soundtrack is another orchestra piece. The rap in particular sticks out as jarring though.

Well it involves a place called New Los Angeles. Of course there will be all sorts of different music. It would be odd if it was all fantasy music.

This game is moving away from the fantasy setting. So Sawano is adapting the music as well.

I enjoyed the songs and the gameplay looks excellent too. Nothing can stop me from buying this day one, its predecessor was just too good. I hope there's a collector's edition or something that includes the soundtrack, map, or artwork at least.

bunchanumbers said:
Nuvendil said:
The soundtrack here does have me concerned. It has such tonal inconsistency. Now this can work if the oddities are confined to specific scenarios. Xenoblade Chronicles, while it didn't have rap, did have songs that stick out as odd if the whole soundtrack is just played on CD. But when contextualized by the game - whether just having it in battle or in a cutscene - it all fits together.

But this will be harder to do with these pop and rap vocals. I mean, listen to the other songs in the soundtrack. You have an opera piece, the main theme is an orchestra with choir vocals, the second song in the E3 2014 soundtrack is another orchestra piece. The rap in particular sticks out as jarring though.

Well it involves a place called New Los Angeles. Of course there will be all sorts of different music. It would be odd if it was all fantasy music.

That's hardly a justification unless the music is an in-universe production.  The game itself is its own entity with its own singular identy that should be consistently maintained.  The Dark Knight takes place in a New-York sized city.  But the soundtrack is all a unified style unless an in-universe song steps in.  Video games have slightly more wiggle room by virtue of size, but there still needs to be tonal consistency of some sort. 

Around the Network

We won't know if its in universe or not. Not until the game launches. Even if it isn't I don't think that this will be the everyday music. lol I even got used to the combat music in Bayonetta 2 so I'm not worried about it.

Loving those mechs/dolls, oh and there's the last guardian, thanks tbone -_-.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Sunstrider said:

You're welcome.

Clyde32 said:

Someone do some edits to this photo. 

Photoshop it into The Last Guardian, and make a new thread.

Sunstrider said:

Srry :'-(

bunchanumbers said:
We won't know if its in universe or not. Not until the game launches. Even if it isn't I don't think that this will be the everyday music. lol I even got used to the combat music in Bayonetta 2 so I'm not worried about it.

Well as battle music, I think that some of these more "pop" songs can work since it will be accompanied by all the commotion of combat and will be issolated to intense situations.  And for rap - which I don-t care for - it's not bad.  Now what would be cool is if the music were in playlists that act as radio stations similar to Fallout New Vegas so you can choose what you want to listen to in game and in universe.  I mean, your character is wearing a headset all the time so it would make sense. 

Now that others ong in the OP...oh man, I'll take that.  That's one of my favorite tracks so far.