By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When do you think Animal Crossing U will be revealed?

When will Nintendo show Animal Crossing U?

In a direct before E3 16 8.94%

During E3 128 71.51%

Never 35 19.55%

Total:179

E3 2015. It will be the first game they will show. Spring 2016.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
E3 2015. It will be the first game they will show. Spring 2016.

I actually think this is the safest bet. With Metroid U being their holiday title? Maybe?

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I think in this years E3

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Paatar said:
Cloudman said:
Paatar said:
Cloudman said:
I actually believe there won't be an AC game on the Wii U. It seems too late to have one on this console, unless they plan to continue the Wii U for a little longer. Though if they announce it, then cool : )

You do realize that Nintendo makes sure their consoles have a 5 year MINNIMUM lifespan right? Well guess what, it isn't even on its third yet. So how can it be "too late"

Considering how long an AC game can be played, 2 to 3 years doesn`t seem a lot of time for a new game. It`d make more sense if it released earlier in the console`s life, so people can get more out of it.

Just because a console isn't being sold anymore does not mean you have to stop using it. :)

Well, that is true. Although Ninten tends to try to get their next console rolling rather than their previous console hanging around trying to stay in the spotlight.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

aikohualda said:
leedlelee said:

I would love to see an Animal Crossing with realistic character models...

I think that could be really cool...

Since it will be a Wii U game i think the model will be based on SSB so i think it will be something like this

i am hoping for a customizable characters though.... but since it is nintendo.... no characters cant be customizable unless there is one generation that makes you choose a female or male character

Maybe aestheticaly but the graphics will be much better than smash bros.

Around the Network

Can anyone explain why they would release this game on wii u for it to make far less sales than it would a 3ds game?

Blob said:
Can anyone explain why they would release this game on wii u for it to make far less sales than it would a 3ds game?

Why did they release Mario Kart 8 on Wii U? It would have sold much better on 3DS

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Blob said:

Why did they release Mario Kart 8 on Wii U? It would have sold much better on 3DS

It's not like animal crossing wii u would sell anywhere near mario kart 8. I could see it reaching 1 million like many of the other nintendo wii u games have like pikmin and DK. On handhelds Animal crossing is a multi million sellar franchise. I can see them saving any assets they currently have and making a cross platform animal crossing for the next handheld and wii u/whatever console is out then. Id like to be proven wrong though, id love a wii u animal crossing.

Wyrdness said:

I've read what you posted and it's inconsistent,  360 launched 2005 yet we didn't get highly ambitious titles until 2008 which is about the same amount of time Nintendo has taken highlighting what you're saying in some of your points is from a skewered point of view hence the inconsistencies. For the first 4 years of HD ambitious games were far and few as the industry learnt the trade which is why 7th gen has lasted for so long. It is expensive to do ambitious projects why do you think many of them are AAA projects with the aim of being big hits, comparing 7th gen to 8th gen is such a flawed argument in the context you're using as the tools and tricks are already figured out and available for 360 and PS3 allowing development to be more efficient. The 8th gen is still early in with all of the tools still being created and tricks still being refined, it took 4 to 5 years for the industry to get going on the 360 and PS3 for example.

Quality is relevant especially in the context you're pushing on reasons to buy a console, no matter how ambitious a game is it's quality is always the major factor in the end, explain how Nintendo would have been able to do 4 player SM3DW on the Wii? explain how W101 would have worked on the Wii while rendering everything it does as even 7th gens would struggle? How would you get 8 players in Smash on the Wii? These are a few flaws in the stance you're pressing, ambition is also not just about pushing the hardware ambition can also be pushing a concept like W101 is an action title like no other.

The 360 had started releasing highly ambitious titles in less than 12 months. Especially Gears of War and The Elder Scrolls IV, both praised immensely for their ambition and how they pushed the TPS and open world RPG genres forward. Titles like that are why people are disappointed that they haven't made similar jumps with the PS4 and X1 yet (though such games appear to be on the way; it's just taken a year longer. Better than 3 to even hit 7th gen standards).

And yes you're right. I'm sure the Wii would crumble at the knees if it had to run 4 whole character models at once. Silly me. (To actually answer your question: both games could run fairly easily with linear asset scaling, and removing non-gameplay related effects. It's the same way we get titles like DA:I or FarCry 4 to run on the PS3/360. We could likely get some lower key games to run on the PS2 too, again with linear scaling. It's magical stuff ^^).

As I said though, this conversation is looping (we've gone full circle twice now :p). I really don't have the energy to bother with it anymore. Believe whatever tickles your fancy, I'm out. *jumps*

It'll get revealed at this year's E3 with a Japan release date of late 2015!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---