By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Level Working on Something New

Tagged games:

What should Next Level's NEXT game be? (See what I did there?)

New Luigi's Mansion 26 32.50%

New Punch-Out!! 1 1.25%

New Metroid 20 25.00%

New Mario Strikers 16 20.00%

An HD Collection/Port/Remaster 8 10.00%

You're not funny 8 10.00%

Total:79

...Or what if they made a Mario Sports compilation game with Mario Strikers, Mario Tennis, Mario Basketball, Mario NFL, and Mario Baseball all on one disk!?!?!?! A man can dream. :'(

Around the Network

A Kid Icarus: Uprising sequel would be pretty cool

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

This this this....!!! And more of this!!! Yes!

zorg1000 said:

This this this....!!! And more of this!!! Yes!

People seem to keep speculating on titles, without considering what we know about the animator.

Can you really picture them bringing in a new animator to animate Mario and Luigi? We're not exactly talking about characters that are difficult to animate. They're certainly great characters, but they're not the most complex ones, and the kinds of cutscenes that would appear in their games wouldn't require that sort of expertise.

I can't see games like Punch Out being any more suited. Which leads me to think it must be something else.

They've recently been hiring UI artists, Environment artists, etc. And earlier in 2014, they were hiring level designers. The combination suggests to me that they're not working on Mario Strikers, Luigi's Mansion, or Punch Out. I can't help but feel like they might be working on something new based on an older IP. All that being said, Dan Pratezina has experience with the more cartoon-ish designs, so it's likely something in that range.

My ideal case would be an Ice Climbers game. The other possibility that would fit the requirements while being an old franchise is the Mother series, but it's a little hard to see them letting it be done outside of Japan. Both series would suit the kind of animation that Dan Pratezina has a lot of experience with. That being said, I could also see it being anything from a Pokemon game (his style has some resemblance to the Pokemon Orre games) to a new IP. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But I'm pretty confident it won't be a franchise NLG has worked on before.

Around the Network

^ That was a good analysis, Aielyn.
Earthbound would really welcomed, even if just a 3D remake of an older Earthbound game.

I doubt it's another LM game. Nintendo would be wise to save it for next gen, which isn't far off.
Mario Strikers or any sports game would be really cool. Wii U surely needs sports games.
New IP would also be a good idea.

Overall, anything of the above would be welcomed!

Awesome! :D

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm2343075/filmotype/animation_department?ref_=m_nmfm_1

The animator worked in a Hot Wheel show! You know what that means?

F-Zero Wii U confirmed!!!!!

Dear Jesus, please be Mario Strikers.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

spemanig said:
I seriously hope it's not Luigi's Mansion. Let that series stay on the 3DS. You know what I want? Super Mario NFL. Or Super Mario Basketball.

And when those two don't happen, Mario Strikers!

I'd love a Wii U port of Luigi's Mansion 2. Dual analogue was the best way to play the GCN one. I'd love the ability to play the 2nd one with the same controls.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.