By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Burning Typhoon said:
kraenk12 said:
So you spend all your money on a PS4 without having money left for games?! Clever

My PS3 collection doesn't agree with you.  I've clearly stated I'm after Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Mortal Kombat X, Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, and Batman: Arkham Knight.

Yet you do complain about PS3 ports looking only marginally better, like many others already stated. Get Shadow of Mordor and rent The Order 1886 and Ground Zeroes. If you still complain we can't help you.

Around the Network
TaMpAbLaCk said:

I'm 36 and have been gaming since the Atari 2600. I have seen every leap from console to console since the early 80's. The PS4 is a great piece of hardware. It runs a lot of games just as well as PC on medium to high settings. The PS4 cannot touch a good PC's ultra setting, but that is what PC has to offer.

For example, look at Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn on PS3 (720/30fps), then look at it on PS4 (1080/60fps). It is a mega-leap foward like night vs day. The PS4 version looks identical to the PC on high settings. The 8GB of GDDR5 helps a lot! The highly modified CPU & GPU Rox, and it runs modified DIrectX 11.2 & OpenGL.We all saw what dev teams like Naughty Dog did with 512MB of XRAM on the PS3. 1st party games like Killzone SF, The Order 1886, Infamous SS look stunning! WOW! Also this is very early in the consoles life span. I mean look at Resistance on PS3 from 2006. It looks nothing like Resistance 3 from 2011. I cannot wait to see what they do with the PS4 as the console matures.

I currently have over 70 games on my PS4 and have not even bought 20 games. So many free games from PS+, F2D/F2P, or just download free games. A lot of people do not even realize it, but on PS4 there are a few secret free games every month. Just go to popular & digital and in the upper left set the setting to free search and bam you will find a few games every month that they do not advertise or tell ya about. It is easy to find the free PS+ games or the free to play section, but these you have to hunt down. Some are AAA, some Indie, some console exclsuive (PC/PS4).

I cannot wait to play Bloodborne in 2 weeks! So many great games coming soon! PS4 already has 450 games out or in development. That is unheard of for a console not even a year and a half old. Anyways I just wanted to share my thoughts since I feel like I have seen it all and have been around since the beginning of gaming. HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE & HAVE FUN! =)

^this

Burning Typhoon said:
platformmaster918 said:

ummm ok I've used it just a few times (considering I've had it since launch) and I must say I've never accidentally signed in and never had an issue feeling pressured to do so.  The games and apps are all right there on the menu.  If you want to look further back there's the library.  You can go up and get your trophies, store, profile, or anything else you desire.  On PS3 the organization was with PS1, 2, or 3 games.  Only PS4 games can be played on PS4 so they don't have those folders.  Now it would be nice to have folders but I'm just saying it's no less organized than PS3.

Again, that's not what I've said.  How do you accidentally sign in anyway?  My passwords are literal random mashes on the keyboard that are about 20-30 characters in length, so, "UNID89ahJRni" for example.  But, I make an effort to have a good decent mix of numbers, letters, and symbols-- anyway...  Never did I feel pressured to do so.  I said it was a waste of screen area with a notification on the bottom of the screen.

The point about PS4 only playing PS4 games, and not needing organization makes no sense to me.  I needed 3 separate catigories for my PS3 games alone, because I have over 130 titles on my PS3.  I had my PS1, and PS2 games in their own folders, and 3 tier sets of PS3 games.

And, would you look at that...  My PS3 games below 700MBs all in one folder.

And all my digital games that have disc-based counterparts are-- *gasp* IN THEIR OWN FOLDER TOO?! unbelieveable!  I want my stuff organized.  It takes about 20 minutes.  One day last month, I wanted to changed how they were all organized.  That's how long it took.  But, when you're arranging them, game by game, it takes 10 seconds.  Big deal.  At least I have everything ordered.  And, within each one of those specific folders, are the games I most recently played.

And, look at the rest of the screen!  You see it?!  IT'S EMPTY! FANTASTIC!

well I went 7 years on PS3 without worrying about that and it seems fine.  Do you really organize according to size?  Who memorized the file size of all those games lol.  I think you have OCD or something but that's not Sony's problem.  If you really hate it that much get the PSCamera and just say the name of the game, but I would encourage you to take 2 seconds and scroll to the game.  Usually it takes 2 clicks to the right or so.  I never organized PS3 games either because I would just go in the PS3 folder and pick the ones near the top.  If I wanted to replay an old game I would scroll down and there it was.  Not that much to complain about.  Also to your point about clutter PS4 has a very clean easy to read interface with the things you want firmly in the center.  Whatever ads you're talking about I honestly have never noticed so they must not be that prominent.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I'm confident the good stuff is coming, staying with Batman and Metal Gear. Nothing has impressed me thus far, from what I own. Good games but still not anything I couldn't get last gen with little sacrifice. The gaming media piled on a lot of praise that I'm not sure was deserved, yet. I don't play a lot of games as of late but I can honestly say that when I do fire up a console (I own them all), that console is almost never the PS4.

Been planning on buying the Order since day one but I still don't own it. I SHOULD have time to buy it before Saturday. Have high hopes for it since all I want is a graphical showcase. Maybe the op should give it a short if money is no issue. Better than buying cross gen, I guess.

Around the Network

heres what it sounds like to me:

"I know theres great looking games on PS4 but im not interested in those ones. I want the games im interested in to look as good as the ones im not interested in. I'll ignore the entire development process of a game and just blame the PS4"

lol... its best if you dont talk about 'simple minded' again.

Lot of hate in this thread for what the OP considers to be shortcomings.

Really, it just goes to show that no matter how good your favorite console is, how powerful, how many games are released, or how well it sells, there are just going to be people out there that prefer the competition or don't love it as much as you do.

No reason for people to get so salty about what appear to be legit complaints. Just respect the guy and move on. At least he tried the console and isn't just blindly attacking it. And later on, his tune will likely change.

d21lewis said:
Really, it just goes to show that no matter how good your favorite console is, how powerful, how many games are released, or how well it sells, there are just going to be people out there that prefer the competition or don't love it as much as you do.

No reason for people to get so salty about what appear to be legit complaints. Just respect the guy and move on. At least he tried the console and isn't just blindly attacking it. And later on, his tune will likely change.

Very true, but what can you expect. : P The OP was rather harsh on the PS4, so fans of it will defend it, and rating the console on PS3 ports does seem a little unfair. So this was bound to happen.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

don´t worry, greatness awaits.