By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF XV is a hack and slash game confirmed

Darwinianevolution said:
Final Fantasy has the problem between turn based battles or real time action: if you make an action RPG the loyalist of the series will complain of the changes done to the series, but in this day an age, you can't make a turn based RPG (with all the expenses of the engines, marketing and multiplatform developement), sell it for 60€ and expet people not to complain. It's a lose-lose situation.

Unless its got the word Pokemon in it, and is on the Wii-U...

*hint-hint Nintendo*

Around the Network

I just wanted to share this as well

larasactua said:
This 15 is the first FF that I wont buy. I dont like H&S games, i want my FF games to be turnbased .
Hope FF 16 will return back to basics.

What's FF signature battle system ? you mean the turn based from 1-2-3,  simple atb from 4-6, job system from 5, atb with a twist from 7-8-9, turn based from x, real time move system from xii or weird atb from XIII ?

FF signature is to reinvent itself with every game.

THERES IS NO BACK TO BASICS FOR FINAL FANTASY

Seems more fun and lively than turned based.. I prefer battle systems like this.. Always found turn based to seperate you from the experience, as opposed to indulge you.
I compare the two as live action presses ( press a then b to activate cutscene) to actually having full control.

I'll wait to try it to judge, but all the previews of the game have indicated that it is not simply a hack n slash

I wouldn't actually call KH a hack n slash. Mostly mash X, but there are always things to be aware of. But more importantly, it's just immensely satifying

Around the Network
nanzano said:

Well DEFINITLY look like a hack and slash game (Which is GOOD!) with its High speed combat mode when you activate the ability bar!! At 01:02:25 on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BjgVETH6S8

What you want to do is listen to the perfection that plays during the battle at 50:50.

Better yet, 9:30 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzmn38NVzXA

RenCutypoison said:
vivster said:
What a "real" Final Fantasy. So "real" that it doesn't even need its signature battle system.

What's FF signature battle system ? you mean the turn based from 1-2-3,  simple atb from 4-6, job system from 5, atb with a twist from 7-8-9, turn based from x, real time move system from xii or weird atb from XIII ?

ATB is still nothing more than a turn based system with shifted and sperate turns. FFXIII stretched the definition a bit and made it look more action packed but at its core it was still a standard ATB. As much as XII was a simple ATB.

No Final Fantasy ever was "press X to hit". First they're doing this and next thing they're tossing out the Tonberries.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Emperorbach said:
larasactua said:
This 15 is the first FF that I wont buy. I dont like H&S games, i want my FF games to be turnbased .
Hope FF 16 will return back to basics.

THERES IS NO BACK TO BASICS FOR FINAL FANTASY

I read that as "THERE IS NO HOW TO BASIC FOR FINAL FANTASY"...

This shit looks awesome.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

vivster said:
RenCutypoison said:
vivster said:
What a "real" Final Fantasy. So "real" that it doesn't even need its signature battle system.

ATB is still nothing more than a turn based system with shifted and sperate turns. FFXIII stretched the definition a bit and made it look more action packed but at its core it was still a standard ATB. As much as XII was a simple ATB.

No Final Fantasy ever was "press X to hit". First they're doing this and next thing they're tossing out the Tonberries.

Well... yes... You were always pressing X to hit.