By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF XV is a hack and slash game confirmed

Action RPG is the way its stated. They took the system from Kingdom Hearts if you've ever played that and modernized it. This makes me curious about how good the next Kingdom Hearts will be.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Kowan said:

Oh ok. You did say "hardly used" though which isn't true since there is 0 magic in the demo.

I saw a fire spell used on a behemoth, in a tech demo. The only magic spell I've seen lol

Oh that was not part of the actual demo though. It will be included in the full game but the demo will not have it, unfortunately. You will get to summon Ramuh in the demo though.

deskpro2k3 said:

Yes I play FF12. My concerns in FF15 is the lack of magic use from these demos. Is that how the full game will be like? I don't know but I'm concern about that.

Accirding to Tabata, they removed magic from the demo cause they said they don't yetvlike how it looks. But if you look at a previous demo of the game they showed Noc casting fire spells. small ones and a big one that seemed to leave him exhausted. 

Tabata also said magic will play a major role in this game, which already appears to be true since your MP bar is basically the currency for defence, andvanced attacks and spells. 

kinisking said:
Hynad said:

Action RPGs can be just as fun and satisfying as turn-based ones. Even though, I'm totally with you there, TiagoCosta, about Lost Odyssey. Gosh, I wish they'd port the game to PC already! But they won't. It's Microsoft after all. =(

But I digress, so far, the battle system in FF XV looks really fun and promising. So I'm eagerly awaiting the Duscae demo so I can finally judge if it'll be my cup of tea or not.

At this point in time, I'm not really into turn-based battle systems. Yet I'm not into non-stop button-masher either. If the game can find the proper balance between stressful battle moments and rewarding exploration, the button-mashy battle system won't bother me.

Although there might be more to it than simple timing and mashing. When they finally reveal the magic and summons elements of the game (among other things, maybe), it's quite possible that there'll be more intricate aspects to it all. One thing is sure though, even in turn-based FF games, you would usually mash the confirm button against the regular mobs. Taking the time to think mostly during the boss or other special battles.

did you really just say that about the company thats been porting 90% of their exclusives to pc recently

Halo 3-4? Fable 2? Lost Odyssey? Forza games? Killer Instinct? Gears of War 2-3-Judgment? 

What's that 90% you speak of?

deskpro2k3 said:

The GCD in FFXIV is in a way like an invisible ATB bar.

In FFXV, what disappoints me is not the combat system, but it is how none of the characters seem to have a unique style. Besides Noctis teleporting, and the gunner guy using a gun, everyone else is pulling out swords from thin air and slashing away at enemies. Not enough unique weapons for each character, and magic spells is hardly used in these demos, and only Noctis can use magics.

But there are so many abilities and skills off GCD, that it's deceiving to claim it uses an ATB.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
kinisking said:

did you really just say that about the company thats been porting 90% of their exclusives to pc recently

Halo 3-4? Fable 2? Lost Odyssey? Forza games? Killer Instinct? Gears of War 2-3-Judgment? 

i saaid lately. As in xbox one. and what you want themto port all of their games? i fee like pc gamers are never satisfied 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

kinisking said:
Hynad said:

i saaid lately. As in xbox one. and what you want themto port all of their games? i fee like pc gamers are never satisfied 

Most of the games that went to PC were never Microsofts to port. They didn't reach their numbers so they went multiplat. Fable Legends and Ori and the Blind Forest are the next multiplatform games, but so far thats five (including Titanfall, Ryse and Dead Rising 3). All three of the other games I mentioned were never Microsofts to give.

Much like the original Xbox a lot of good exclusives between the PC and Xbox will be shared, but that doesn't mean those are the best games. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
kinisking said:

Most of the games that went to PC were never Microsofts to port. They didn't reach their numbers so they went multiplat. Fable Legends and Ori and the Blind Forest are the next multiplatform games, but so far thats five (including Titanfall, Ryse and Dead Rising 3). All three of the other games I mentioned were never Microsofts to give.

Much like the original Xbox a lot of good exclusives between the PC and Xbox will be shared, but that doesn't mean those are the best games. 

How do you know they didnt reach their numbers? maybe it was planned?

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

You mean they're making a playable FF game? I'm in! I've always loved the universe but hate the gameplay. Seriously, turn-based games put me to sleep. Might as well play Mist.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

kinisking said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

How do you know they didnt reach their numbers? maybe it was planned?

There were reports talking about disappointment in Ryses numbers and there were rumors that Crytek had interest in putting the game on the PS4 as well. Dead Rising could've been planned but I am willing to bet they had to expand to make more money on a platform Microsoft wasnt really obstructing them from launching on in their contracts. If you remember before, Dead Rising 2 was on the PS3.