By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Visceral re-affirms Battlefield Hardline as 900p on PS4, 720p on XB1

Hopefully no one is caught up over the resolution. If you want the best visual experience on console Get the PS4 version. There, done.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Kerotan said:

How much does it need to sell to be considered good sales? 

At least half of what BF4 sold I'd think, but at this point I can't see it selling that much. 

It's a spin off.  If it sold half of BF4 that would be great.  

I have been console gamer for 30 years. Never have I seen a generation of consoles come out that are so underpowered compared to what's getting around on PC. If Sony / Microsoft hope to have a 6-7 year cycle last the last generation they will be so far behind it will be embarrassing.
It will be interesting to see what Nintendo does next. They are probably 3 years from a new console and may come in with something quite high spec.

torok said:
Locknuts said:

Except my 4 year old PC with midrange graphics cards plays these games at 1080p & 60fps. These consoles are unacceptably weak. The only thing they have going for them is their exclusives, and they've been pretty weak so far.

PC gamer logic: games run bad on console, console is weak. Game runs bad on PC, it's an unoptimized port.

Please, clarify what's your 4 year old GPU.

2 x 560tis in SLI. Sometimes I have to reduce texture settings (Shadow of Mordor), but I can always run 1080p/60fps. I don't remember stating anything regarding poor optimisation though.

Mike_L said:
Locknuts said:

I liked the 7th gen where the companies took a hit on the hardware. The 360 was brilliant apart from the RROD issue. PS3 was probably too big a hit for Sony but I'd be more than happy for them to lose $100-$200 per console and give us some decent hardware. Then again, I'd be happy if Sony went out of business altogether, so there's my bias :P

I don't like you (and it's not because of the fact that you look fat). I certainly hope you quit gaming before PlayStation does.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Opinion noted. I'm sorry if my physical appearance bothers you. I'm not sure what kind of men you're into. I guess we just weren't meant to be.

Around the Network
tripenfall said:
I have been console gamer for 30 years. Never have I seen a generation of consoles come out that are so underpowered compared to what's getting around on PC. If Sony / Microsoft hope to have a 6-7 year cycle last the last generation they will be so far behind it will be embarrassing.
It will be interesting to see what Nintendo does next. They are probably 3 years from a new console and may come in with something quite high spec.

I agree. I get blasted every time I say this though. People like to defend Sony (and to a lesser extent, Microsoft and Nintendo) by using the 'cost to consumer' argument, when last gen they took a hit on the hardware and consumers were happy. I thought that's what we were: consumers. Not shareholders.

torok said:
Tachikoma said:
i can honestly say i havent seen a single person excited for this game.

It looks like a mod for BF4. Anyway, BF3 was my first game in the series and also the last.

Tachi: I spoke to a guy at work a year ago who was excited for it, so there's at least one person out there.

Torok: I agree and BF3 was my first and last BF experience as well. I don't see the appeal at all. Despite everyone at work playing it, I just can't get into it.

Locknuts said:

2 x 560tis in SLI. Sometimes I have to reduce texture settings (Shadow of Mordor), but I can always run 1080p/60fps. I don't remember stating anything regarding poor optimisation though.

I don't know about you but 2 GTX 560 Ti used to run for about $500 and no one is going to be able to build a system from $600 or even $700 ... 

SLI and crossfire does not work for every game and in highly video memory bound scenario's it will tank harder than the consoles ... 

fatslob-:O said:
Locknuts said:

I don't know about you but 2 GTX 560 Ti used to run for about $500 and no one is going to be able to build a system from $600 or even $700 ... 

SLI and crossfire does not work for every game and in highly video memory bound scenario's it will tank harder than the consoles ... 

But now you can buy a single card that smokes my two old cards for far less money and with 4 x the Vram. For example an R9 290:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=r9+290&N=-1&isNodeId=1

With one of those you could definitely build a PC for the prices you mentioned. The 360 could be bought for as little as $299 back in 2007 and would smoke a $1000 PC. It was a true beast. I remeber because I built a PC back in 2007 for that price and my friends 360 absolutely owned it. I subsequently bought a 360 and only used my PC for RTS games until my upgrade in 2011.

The 360 was a real alternative to a gaming PC. These new consoles are very disappointing by comparison.

Locknuts said:

But now you can buy a single card that smokes my two old cards for far less money and with 4 x the Vram. For example an R9 290:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=r9+290&N=-1&isNodeId=1

With one of those you could definitely build a PC for the prices you mentioned. The 360 could be bought for as little as $299 back in 2007 and would smoke a $1500 PC. It was a true beast. I remeber because I built a PC back in 2007 for that price and my friends 360 absolutely owned it. I subsequently bought a 360 and only used my PC for RTS games until my upgrade in 2011.

The 360 was a real alternative to a gaming PC. These new consoles are very disappointing by comparison.

Umm, AMD won't live very long if they keep cutting their margins like this ... 

And also the 360 would get smoked by the GeForce 8800 Ultra around the same point in time so the 360 was a pretty far away alternative to PC gaming ... 

The new consoles are far from disappointing all things considered. It's because of the PS4 and X1 we were able to usher in the age of physically based shading with games like Killzone: Shadow Fall or Ryse: Son of Rome. These games also make the most graphically advanced games on the PS3 and 360 look like turds in comparsion ...