By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you pay $1000 for a 100 hour game?

LudicrousSpeed said:
There are many bigger problems with The Order than length.

Look at the new Wolfenstein. That's the marketing and release style The Order needed. But I think Sony badly needed to recoup something for the five years they spent building this engine and game.

I think Wolfenstein is a solid example of what The Order could have been.

Depending on play style, it is anywhere from 2-4 times the length of The Order, and has a tangibly different alternate storyline, meaning you've genuine incentive to replay the whole thing.

I have not yet played The Order as rental is not easily available in Australia, but by most accounts Wolfenstein's story is a lot better too. That said, it isn't as pretty on consoles (but of course, a high end PC negates that).

I also cannot for the life of me understand all these people that specifically talk about The Order, and then go on to utter a variation of "I'd rather play a short and fun game than a long boring game." I take issue with this for two reasons. The first is that by many accounts, The Order is a short, boring game, not a short, fun game. The second reason is more important. The rest of us are not playing long, boring games. We're playing long, fun games.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

sure, if a dev manages to deliver a xenosaga type story with ffxv type tech.

Wow this thread made me realize what a rip-off everything is.

99p for a 4 minute Ellie Goulding single???

I wouldn't pay £1500 for 100 hours of her music! That's crazy!

No but I would pay 60 bucks for a good 8-10 hour game, like The Order 1886. I beat it twice and will probably play again at some point (yes I genuinely like it that much) so 25-30 hrs from me to that game is not far fetched either.

Similar to how we used to pay 50 bucks for 2 hr games in the old days. Remember back then?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I wish I had that kind of money or that kind of time to sink in a game these days.

Around the Network

I love this argument:

Do you think, when buying a Movie or seeing it in theaters, that you should expect to pay half as much for a movie like Toy Story 3 as you do For The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King? I mean, Lord of the Rings is twice as long, should I pay twice as much for it?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Persona 4 Golden ran me $11.99 and I have put in near 200 hours into that game. I don't understand people trying to say 1 hour of gameplay is like going to a movie and should be $10

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Runa216 said:
I love this argument:

Do you think, when buying a Movie or seeing it in theaters, that you should expect to pay half as much for a movie like Toy Story 3 as you do For The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King? I mean, Lord of the Rings is twice as long, should I pay twice as much for it?

If anything people get annoyed when films run too long.  I know people who said Return of the King should have edited its ending down a good 15 minutes.

I cannot imagine someone paying $50 to see Dekalog simply because it is 10 hours long.

@ OP is that what you call an argument? ridiculous

No my wife would kill me if I dropped a grand on one game! I got over 400 hours on destiny for $90.00,but if a game gets horrible rating no matter how much hype I 'll rent it or but it used.