By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2015 MLS Thread: Major League Soccer enters 20th season

This thread fell off my buddy.

Actually went to Houston for the 0-0 draw with Colorado.

After winning 3-0 over Montreal, I'm quite pleased with how the new manager is adjusting the club. Need Cubo badly.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

United States is becoming impossible for Mexico.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

United States is becoming impossible for Mexico.

Mexicans are so salty on social media right now. It's going to be ok, Copa America and Gold Cup aren't far away. You can redeem yourself.

Also, this was from pre-game and I thought it was very funny.

I tried to watch a match and it was pretty boring... the level was too low, the players lacked skill. Whenever a player had the ball, It looked like he were anxious to get rid of it and just shoot in the distance hoping to get lucky.

Maybe I was unlucky and watched a game between 2 bad teams, so I'll probably give it another chance. Any advice on what matches to watch in the near future?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
I tried to watch a match and it was pretty boring... the level was too low, the players lacked skill. Whenever a player had the ball, It looked like he were anxious to get rid of it and just shoot in the distance hoping to get lucky.

Maybe I was unlucky and watched a game between 2 bad teams, so I'll probably give it another chance. Any advice on what matches to watch in the near future?

What match did you watch?

outlawauron said:
LipeJJ said:

I can't remember exactly, but it was a match that had a goal within the first 2 or 3 minutes. I believe one of the teams was Dallas (but I'm not sure).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
outlawauron said:

I can't remember exactly, but it was a match that had a goal within the first 2 or 3 minutes. I believe one of the teams was Dallas (but I'm not sure).

FC Dallas is usually a very solid team, but they were missing a few players. They were playing Colorado, who was goalless in the past 16 games before this game.

I would recommend watching another game before making any final judgments. The common complaint about MLS is poor defending (not GKs), but passing and attack is not one of them. 

My favorite team goal so far this season (not overall, but team): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_TumS6UkXQ

outlawauron said:
LipeJJ said:

FC Dallas is usually a very solid team, but they were missing a few players. They were playing Colorado, who was goalless in the past 16 games before this game.

I would recommend watching another game before making any final judgments. The common complaint about MLS is poor defending (not GKs), but passing and attack is not one of them. 

My favorite team goal so far this season (not overall, but team): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_TumS6UkXQ

Yes, I'll watch other matches. And I guess you're right, that was probably the game I was watching.

LipeJJ said:

Fair enough. The team that presented Mexico was made up of low profile players from the Mexican leauge. Not sure about United States though. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.