By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2015 MLS Thread: Major League Soccer enters 20th season

Metallox said:
LipeJJ said:
I tried to watch a match and it was pretty boring... the level was too low, the players lacked skill. Whenever a player had the ball, It looked like he were anxious to get rid of it and just shoot in the distance hoping to get lucky.

Maybe I was unlucky and watched a game between 2 bad teams, so I'll probably give it another chance. Any advice on what matches to watch in the near future?

Fair enough. The team that presented Mexico was made up of low profile players from the Mexican leauge. Not sure about United States though. 

Had 3 players that will likely be in the starting XI for the Gold Cup (Bradley, Diskerud, and Yedlin). The rest were either B team or worse (both goalscorers are like the 5th or 6th options at best at forward. US also pulled their team from North America (MLS and Liga MX).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Metallox said:

Fair enough. The team that presented Mexico was made up of low profile players from the Mexican leauge. Not sure about United States though. 

Had 3 players that will likely be in the starting XI for the Gold Cup (Bradley, Diskerud, and Yedlin). The rest were either B team or worse (both goalscorers are like the 5th or 6th options at best at forward. US also pulled their team from North America (MLS and Liga MX).

Yeah, the guy Morris that scored one of the goals plays at a University, if I'm correct. Became a trend here in Mexico. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

United have sputtered a bit over past two weeks as cannot hold onto leads later in the match.

Seattle and Columbus were the most impressive sides of the weekend and Dallas vs. Toronto was odd match with hour plus lightning storm delay which had Dallas flying 3-0 to nearly blow it 3-2 after the delay.

Big news this week is Champion's League final between America and Montreal. Sell out massive crowds are expected for the biggest Champion's League final ever. 105K and 60K will likely be the high water marks for a final for a long time, hope the two legs are as exciting as everyone is hoping.

Augen, you were lucky to have the lead at all. Houston was a much better team over the weekend.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Augen, you were lucky to have the lead at all. Houston was a much better team over the weekend.

I thought it was a even match.   What makes you say Houston were so much better? Passing? Possession? Scoring chances?

Augen said:
outlawauron said:

I thought it was a even match.   What makes you say Houston were so much better? Passing? Possession? Scoring chances?

I thought DC was better in the early goings, and was able to have a great strike off a FK. Not many other very good scoring chances outside of that. There were some borderline fouls that would have resulted in penalities that Houston didn't get. That + the luck of easy goals hittting the post. 

Don't forget to bantz.

Big match last night in Mexico City saw Club America and Montreal battle to 1-1 in the first leg of Champion's League final. Sets up a great match back in Montreal who did what they needed to do in a hostile atmosphere with lasers (seriously, come on) everywhere trying to blind players.

Still the underdog, but they are giving their all in this tournament.

Augen said:
Big match last night in Mexico City saw Club America and Montreal battle to 1-1 in the first leg of Champion's League final. Sets up a great match back in Montreal who did what they needed to do in a hostile atmosphere with lasers (seriously, come on) everywhere trying to blind players.

Still the underdog, but they are giving their all in this tournament.

Kinda par for the course when you talk about Azteca. It's a huge upset in itself that Montreal even drew. They're one of the worst teams in MLS....

outlawauron said:

Kinda par for the course when you talk about Azteca. It's a huge upset in itself that Montreal even drew. They're one of the worst teams in MLS....

They are throwing everything at this competition, I really admire it.

The punch in the gut is a silly yellow card late in the match means Montreal GK will miss next week and mean 4th string keeper as 2nd string is cup tied and 3rd is injured.  Horrible way to miss biggest match maybe of your career and sucks for Montreal.