By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rock Band 4 (PS4/XBO) Coming Out This Year. Supports Old Instruments and 2168 Songs!(Update) Added a Q&A portion from the team.

Runa216 said:
ktay95 said:
Hmm, still not sure about this. Rock Band was never really a thing hear but I loved Guitar Hero. Seeing as I dont have any of the DLC this would be a crazy expensive purchase with the game, intruments and DLC (well for the songs I want)

If I were to pick the game up today, having never played it before, I could spend 200-250 just on DLC of songs I love.  Queen, Rush, The Who, dlc packs (5 bucks to export the full Rock Band 1 setlist), Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day...

You may have just sold me on this game, is their somewhere I can see all of the songs available to download

Around the Network

The only possible concern I have with this is the fact that I have Guitar Hero guitars. I never did like the Rock Band guitars. I hope those are compatible too. Also, I'm pretty sure my Ion Drum Rocker should be good to go.

ktay95 said:
Runa216 said:
ktay95 said:
Hmm, still not sure about this. Rock Band was never really a thing hear but I loved Guitar Hero. Seeing as I dont have any of the DLC this would be a crazy expensive purchase with the game, intruments and DLC (well for the songs I want)

If I were to pick the game up today, having never played it before, I could spend 200-250 just on DLC of songs I love.  Queen, Rush, The Who, dlc packs (5 bucks to export the full Rock Band 1 setlist), Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day...

You may have just sold me on this game, is their somewhere I can see all of the songs available to download

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_list_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series

ktay95 said:

http://dlcquickplay.com/

Is a good place to start and find people who like the same songs as you.  

As for IRon Maiden and Megadeth, here's what you have available for download: 

Megadeth - Peace Sells...But who's Buying (Full Album), Rust in Peace (Full Album), Sleepwalker, A Tout La monde, Public Enemy Number 1, Symphony of Destruction. 

Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man,  2 Minutes to Midnight, Aces High, Can I Play with MAdness, Fear of the Dark, HAllowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden (Live), Powerslave, Run to the Hills, The Clairvoyant, The Number of the Beast, The Trooper, Wasted Years,  Flight of Icarus, Infinite Dreams, Phantom of the Opera, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, and The Prisoner.

Rush - Working Man, Closer to the HEart, Subdivisions, 2112, The Trees, Caravan, Fly By Night, The Spirit of Radio, Limelight, Red Barchetta, The Camera Eye, Tom Sawyer, Vital Signs, Witch Hunt, YYZ

The Who - Magic Bus, Won't Get Fooled Again, Amazing Journey, Baba O'Riley, Behind Blue Eyes, Eminence Front, Going Mobile, Leaving Here, My Generation, Real Good Looking Boy, Sea and Sand, Summertime Blues, Who Are You, Young Man Blues, Pinball Wizard, I Can See for Miles, ad the Who's Super Bowl S-Mashup.

Queen - Another One Bites the Dust, Bicycle Race, Bohemian Rhapsody,  Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Don't Stop me Now, Fat Bottomed Girls, Hammer to Fall, I'm In Love with my Car, I Want it All, I Want to Break Free, Keep Yourself Alive, Killer Queen, Long Away, Now I'm Here, One Vision, Play the Game, Radio GaGa, Seven SEas of Rhye, Somebody to Love, Stone Cold Crazy, The Show must go on, Tenement Funster, Tie your Mother Down, Under PRessure, We are the Champions, We Will Rock You, You're my Best Friend (holy shit I never realized there was so much queen)

Boston - Foreplay/Long Time, Hitch a Ride, More than a Feeling, Peace of Mind, Rock and Roll Band, Smokin', Something About you, 

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh), Tell me Baby, Dani California, By the Way, Californication, Look Around, Monrchy of Roses, Otherside, Parallel Universe, Scar Tissue, The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie, Blood Sugar Sex Magik (Whole Album), 

Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife, Critical Acclaim, Bat Country, Unholy Confessions, Welcome to the Family, Shephard of Fire, Nightmare, Scream, Seize the Day, Almost Easy, So Far Away, Beast and the HArlot, 

Jimi Hendrix - Fire - Axis: Bold as Love (whole album),  Are you Experienced? (Full ALbum), All Along the Watchtower, Gypsy Eyes, Hot Long Summer Night, Crosstown Traffic

Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Babies, Diggin' Me Down, I Don't Wanna Stop, Let Me Hear you Scream, No More Tears, Soul Sucker, Bark at the Moon, Diary of a Madman, Flying High Again, I Don't Kno, Mama I'm coming Home, Mr Crowley, Over the Mountain, Steal Away The Night, Crazy Train

And I could go on...I really could.  but there are three Green Day albums, a bunch of Foo Fighters, a bunch of Nirvana, a bunch of PEarl Jam including their biggest album: One (I think that's what it's called).  Lots of variety.  Even some Dream Theater in there. 

So yeah, you could easily drop three hundred dollars on it right out the gate. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Furthermore, go here:

http://dlcquickplay.com/dlc.php

Click on Band, Title, or rating to sort by band, title, or rating. Gold stars are supposedly the best overall songs for the full band. You can also click one of the little icons to sort each instrument by overall quality. If you wanna see the highest rated guitar parts, then click the guitar icon (the one with 6 strings instead of 4), and then click the "Rating" To have the top songs on the top.

Rock Band is how I discovered a LOT of old music. For example: Love Sells by The Stone Roses? Amazing song, never would have given it a chance if not for Rock Band.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

this is the first next-gen game that is going to convince me to take the leap and buy a console.

aLkaLiNE said:
ktay95 said:

The hardcore players left guitar hero when Rock band came out because Harmonix (developer of GH1 and GH2) wasn't included in the sale of Red Octane (who owned the IP) to Activision. So Harmonix branched off and made a direct competitor in Rock Band when GH3 came out. Trust me when I say, Rock Band is leagues better.  It's the original team that made guitar hero what it is today.

I think Rock Band was originally intended to be Guitar Hero 3. Afterall, it was the natural evolution for the franchise.

I agree, the latter Guitar Hero games never came close to matching Rock Band. It was always fun seeing the Rock Band v Guitar Hero 3 stuff. A lot of people seemed to think Guitar Hero 3 was harder and also required more skill to play, but the reality was, they just went for songs which shoved more notes in but then had much less sensitive hit areas making it easier to hit all those notes.

I think that was why people thought the sensitivity on Rock Band was off, because it required a lot more accuracy on your timing to hit the notes. People who played GH3 first just couldn't generally adapt to more realistic set up of Rock Band.

As for a band, we'll see what the crack is when it actually launches, but I could be down for some. I always preferred the guitar and bass parts.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Yeah. I don't want to get into the whole war between Guitar Hero and Rock Band again, as i probably wrote over 100k words on the matter between 2007 and 2010, but it can be said without a shadow of a doubt that Rock Bandis better. As said, it's made by the people who created guitar Hero (Harmonix), has a better interface and better game feel, as well as a far, far, far superior setlist. Not only do you get whatever is going to be on-disc for Rock Band 4, but you can spend 5 dollars, borrow Rock Band 1 from a friend, and export 55/58 of the original tracklist's songs (some of which are, to this day, still the best offered on the platform such as The Who's Won't Get Fooled again and Boston's Foreplay/Long Time).

Plus there;s a 15 dollar game called Rock Band Blitz that has 25 pretty good songs on it, for 15 bucks, and all the tracks export into the DLC pool.

Green Day Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and Lego Rock Band all export as well.

MY point is, you can, for a modest price, end up with about 150 songs for like 80 bucks. 60 for the main game, plus 5 for the RB1 Export, and 15 for Blitz....assuming RB4 has 75 or so songs on it.

And that's not to mention the massive, massive volume of available songs for download. Even if you only get 1/100 songs, that'll still end up giving you like, 21 absolutely amazingly perfect songs on top of the on-disc setlist.

With guitar hero, Activision didn't really have the forward thinking attitude HArmonix had. Exports from band-centric games would only give like half the songs, DLC sometimes wouldn't transfer forward to the following game (only a very select few RB DLC tracks didn't do this), and the game was more silly and simplified. The toonish nature of it, right down to the little flames that erupted when you hit notes, just made Guitar Hero feel 'off'.

So yeah, now that we have a stronger HArmonix, and we have full support on PS4/Xbone, pick it up on PS4, and enjoy. You'll have a far better time.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

MikeRox said:
aLkaLiNE said:

The hardcore players left guitar hero when Rock band came out because Harmonix (developer of GH1 and GH2) wasn't included in the sale of Red Octane (who owned the IP) to Activision. So Harmonix branched off and made a direct competitor in Rock Band when GH3 came out. Trust me when I say, Rock Band is leagues better.  It's the original team that made guitar hero what it is today.

I think Rock Band was originally intended to be Guitar Hero 3. Afterall, it was the natural evolution for the franchise.

I agree, the latter Guitar Hero games never came close to matching Rock Band. It was always fun seeing the Rock Band v Guitar Hero 3 stuff. A lot of people seemed to think Guitar Hero 3 was harder and also required more skill to play, but the reality was, they just went for songs which shoved more notes in but then had much less sensitive hit areas making it easier to hit all those notes.

I think that was why people thought the sensitivity on Rock Band was off, because it required a lot more accuracy on your timing to hit the notes. People who played GH3 first just couldn't generally adapt to more realistic set up of Rock Band.

As for a band, we'll see what the crack is when it actually launches, but I could be down for some. I always preferred the guitar and bass parts.

That's fine, I enjoy playing the drums more, I'm just better at the guitar.  

But yeah, long live Harmonix. 

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/rock-band/request/

You can now request songs to be in the game.  I've already put in a couple dozen lesser known metal/rock requests.