By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rock Band 4 (PS4/XBO) Coming Out This Year. Supports Old Instruments and 2168 Songs!(Update) Added a Q&A portion from the team.

Awesome. Glad my pro drum kit will still work. Day one buy.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

Hmm, still not sure about this. Rock Band was never really a thing hear but I loved Guitar Hero. Seeing as I dont have any of the DLC this would be a crazy expensive purchase with the game, intruments and DLC (well for the songs I want)

Updated OP with some Q&A from the Rock Band team.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

aLkaLiNE said:
So uhm.... Vgchartz rock band league? Who wants to be in a band 😁

I play expert all instruments.  Rusty as I've not played in over a year, and sporadically for the year before, but I imagine I could still rock da bass (or guitar or drums.  Guitar is my favorite, and what I'm best at)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

ktay95 said:
Hmm, still not sure about this. Rock Band was never really a thing hear but I loved Guitar Hero. Seeing as I dont have any of the DLC this would be a crazy expensive purchase with the game, intruments and DLC (well for the songs I want)

Well, then buy the game, and see it as an opportunity to selectively add to your setlist.  There are so many songs available that there's no way there aren't things in there you love.  Country?  We got that.  Metal?  Got that in spades.  Rap?  yep, even some of that.  Lots of classic rock, some silly goofy songs, etc. Pop, hip hop, you name it.  

If I were to pick the game up today, having never played it before, I could spend 200-250 just on DLC of songs I love.  Queen, Rush, The Who, dlc packs (5 bucks to export the full Rock Band 1 setlist), Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day...

The point is, if you took a look at all the songs available in the game, out of the 2100+ DLC songs, I guarantee there's at least 100 there worth buying.  I have like 1400 songs total right now on Rock Band 3, and it does get a little overwhelming with mediocre stuff or plain old shit I wish I never bought, but there's so much good in there that you can probably get away with just not playing whatever on-disc songs are available.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
Oh my GOD.
This is my system seller 100%, horriby addicted to music rhythm games and hold the #1 rank on a few guitar songs. Great news

Did you master HarmoKnight?

aLkaLiNE said:
Oh my GOD.
This is my system seller 100%, horriby addicted to music rhythm games and hold the #1 rank on a few guitar songs. Great news

Mine too! In that I can now sally my ps3 hahah I only kept it for rock band.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Thanks for adding the Q&A. I wish them all the best. Should do well considering its long absence and that next gen thirst.

ktay95 said:

The hardcore players left guitar hero when Rock band came out because Harmonix (developer of GH1 and GH2) wasn't included in the sale of Red Octane (who owned the IP) to Activision. So Harmonix branched off and made a direct competitor in Rock Band when GH3 came out. Trust me when I say, Rock Band is leagues better.  It's the original team that made guitar hero what it is today.

Runa216 said:

I play expert all instruments.  Rusty as I've not played in over a year, and sporadically for the year before, but I imagine I could still rock da bass (or guitar or drums.  Guitar is my favorite, and what I'm best at)

Nice. I'm really good at guitar and can play expert pro drums for most songs.  Just really dusty lol Used to have an ION Pro drum rocker though. Those things are SWEET

Dulfite said:

Did you master HarmoKnight?

No clue what you're talking about lol 

MikeRox said:

Mine too! In that I can now sally my ps3 hahah I only kept it for rock band.

So about that band (;

aLkaLiNE said:
ktay95 said:

The hardcore players left guitar hero when Rock band came out because Harmonix (developer of GH1 and GH2) wasn't included in the sale of Red Octane (who owned the IP) to Activision. So Harmonix branched off and made a direct competitor in Rock Band when GH3 came out. Trust me when I say, Rock Band is leagues better.  It's the original team that made guitar hero what it is today.

Yeah here in Australia we didnt get RB1 until RB2 was out in the US so it never really took off here