By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Project Morpheus coming first half of 2016 with OLED Display 1080p/120 FPS

Eddie_Raja said:
Tachikoma said:

Any higher than 1080p and hdmi wouldn't be able to handle 120fps.

Would need displayport to do it, 120fps at 1080p is on the raggedy edge of hdmi 1.4's capability.

You do all realize that 1080p on screens that small will look phenominal right?

I assume this was actually meant for me? Because Tachikoma didn't say anything about image quality :p Just that resolutions above 1080p wouldn't be possible at 120fps on HDMI 1.4.

Anyway, while the screen's ppi will be high, you must remember that it will be sitting right in-front of your eyes. 1080p will look fine, but the option for something a bit higher would have been nice. It being an OLED screen is very welcome though.

Around the Network

Been thinking a little bit about this and I think they should work on gloves next. just simple gloves with trackers in them would make for a much more immersive experience. Get to work on that Sony.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Been thinking a little bit about this and I think they should work on gloves next. just simple gloves with trackers in them would make for a much more immersive experience. Get to work on that Sony.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Now how much is it going to cost?

kitler53 said:
Normchacho said:

I...don't understand...Those, with very few exceptions, aren't gloves.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Device looks amazing, specs are top notch! *drool* There's no way a piece of tech like that could be under $300.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

It's the Virtual Boy all over again... When will they learn.

I'll probably still buy it though if the price is reasonable... Because I'm a complete sucker for this.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

I'm expecting $400. Anything less is gonna be a pleasant surprise.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

This is probably going to be useless for PS4, since its not powerful enough. Personally, this is something that's come a generation to early!

If they can get sell it at an affordable price (around $100-$150) then it could very successful.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54