By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 4 hits 20.2 million units sold worldwide

Dang.....congrats PS4 and Sony!

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Around the Network

Still do not get how this company does not profit and loses money each quarter. Also why is it Sony is constantly releasing numbers and not the quarterly like the majority of businesses do. Seems like they are always doing this every 4-6 weeks are they overcompensating for something?

DolPhanTendo said:
Still do not get how this company does not profit and loses money each quarter. Also why is it Sony is constantly releasing numbers and not the quarterly like the majority of businesses do. Seems like they are always doing this every 4-6 weeks are they overcompensating for something?

So much wrong in this.  They've been making a profit recently and they release numbers nowhere near every 4 to 6 weeks.  Their average since they launched is a lot longer.  The reason they announce the numbers is obvious.  Good PR to keep the juggernaut rolling. 

DolPhanTendo said:

Uh, they did post a profit last quarter.  May want to look up your facts. 

SjOne said:
Why doesn't Sony ever report how much PS3 has sold these days? We haven't had an official follow up since Nov 2013

I would guess they will give up official numbers once it hits 90 million or once they do an official price drop or whatever (should happen sometime this year).

Around the Network
DolPhanTendo said:

wow... you can't be this collectively wrong by accident. Ah well, I'll give you the bwnefirt of the doubt. 

1. The are making money now, however the simplw reason why this company has been losing money is cause this company doesn't only make PlayStation. If you didn't know that then I hope bow you know that Sony is into a lot more than PlayStation.
  2. Sony isnt constantly releasing numbers. It's not their fault that they keep hitting milestones and having to announce them. They also release shipped numbers quatwrly reports like every one else, but in an industry  that sold through numbers are more important its understandable why they would release them. And trust me MS/Nintendo would have done the same if they were ahead. 
  3. Overcompensating for something? errrr....OK.

Looking forward even more so towards Sony's Q4 results.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

That's great, congratulations to Sony

WiiStation360 said:
It looks like the PS4 actually outsold the XB1 by about a 3:1 ration in Jan/Feb, instead of the 2:1 ratio using current charts.

Not sure what Microsoft's next move will be.

Or maybe X1 is undertracked as well ;)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Having a high market share with high gross profit sure is a win win situation for SONY, the 7th generation long and painful era has turned them into a monster.