By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alone in the Dark: Comparing the Platforms

azrm2k said:
ssj12 said:

no it hasn't as the company website has DVD-Rom, PS3, and 360 listed.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=179722

PS3 version delayed till later this year.  Of course that article is from Jan. so who knows what's up now?

So what your saying is Eden are a bunch of trash develepers that can't program like Rockstar.  What is with all these development studios hiring morons.

And that doesn't state an indefinite delay. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
azrm2k said:
Yeah as I scrolled past the 360 pics and saw the PS2 pics not listed as PS2/Wii, it got my hopes up we had some Wii exclusive pics which were better than the PS2 but I agree those look worse than the PS2. Look at that last picture especially. Like I said in the other thread if they can't even get the graphics up to par with RE4 a game that came out years ago on a weaker system that'll be sad considering judging from the gameplay mechanics shown in the videos this thing would rock on a wiimote.

RE4 was made and optimized for the gamecube. Gamecube is very similar to wii so porting it was a breeze. This was optimized for PC/360 and then downgraded untill it could run on the Wii. This is the fate of any PS3/360 port coming to wii. RE5 on the wii anyone?

Bah. Looks like I'll be buying this one on the 360 unless the Wii controls are particularly impressive.

I'm such a graphics whore. :(

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Arkk said:
routsounmanman said:
Is it just me or the Wii version actually looks worse than the PS2 one?

Really? I thought that the Wii screens actually looked quite a bit better than the PS2 screens. Looked smoother.

I also thought the Wii ones looked a lot better than the ones from PS2

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

disolitude said:
azrm2k said:
Yeah as I scrolled past the 360 pics and saw the PS2 pics not listed as PS2/Wii, it got my hopes up we had some Wii exclusive pics which were better than the PS2 but I agree those look worse than the PS2. Look at that last picture especially. Like I said in the other thread if they can't even get the graphics up to par with RE4 a game that came out years ago on a weaker system that'll be sad considering judging from the gameplay mechanics shown in the videos this thing would rock on a wiimote.

RE4 was made and optimized for the gamecube. Gamecube is very similar to wii so porting it was a breeze. This was optimized for PC/360 and then downgraded untill it could run on the Wii. This is the fate of any PS3/360 port coming to wii. RE5 on the wii anyone?

That's incorrect.  This game was built on the PS2 and built on the PC in parallel, then ported to the Wii from the PS2 and the 360/PS3 from the PC.  So this isn't a downgrade to the Wii version, but rather a separate version built from a separate developer. Of course, PS2 ports don't make it inherintly bad, but they make it hard to be as excited for the game.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
disolitude said:

That's incorrect. This game was built on the PS2 and built on the PC in parallel, then ported to the Wii from the PS2 and the 360/PS3 from the PC. So this isn't a downgrade to the Wii version, but rather a separate version built from a separate developer. Of course, PS2 ports don't make it inherintly bad, but they make it hard to be as excited for the game.

Oh wow. What happened then? Hopefully its still in earrly development...

disolitude said:
naznatips said:
disolitude said:

That's incorrect. This game was built on the PS2 and built on the PC in parallel, then ported to the Wii from the PS2 and the 360/PS3 from the PC. So this isn't a downgrade to the Wii version, but rather a separate version built from a separate developer. Of course, PS2 ports don't make it inherintly bad, but they make it hard to be as excited for the game.

Oh wow. What happened then? Hopefully its still in earrly development...

Well the information above does state that the pictures are at least 5 months old so they could have improved quite a bit but as long as they develop from the PS2 and port to the Wii it won't be as good as if it was built ground up on the Wii.

The PS2's success and longevity didn't just murder the GC it's crippling the Wii's support as developers can try to cash in by making it on the PS2 first and taking advantage of the two biggest console userbases active right now. 

routsounmanman said:
Is it just me or the Wii version actually looks worse than the PS2 one?

I'm with you, but it might just be the pictures used for each. Definitely a port from the looks, though.

ssj12 said:
azrm2k said:
ssj12 said:

no it hasn't as the company website has DVD-Rom, PS3, and 360 listed.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=179722

PS3 version delayed till later this year.  Of course that article is from Jan. so who knows what's up now?

So what your saying is Eden are a bunch of trash develepers that can't program like Rockstar.  What is with all these development studios hiring morons.

And that doesn't state an indefinite delay. 

It sounds more like he's saying that the PS3 version isn't up to scratch, and rather than delay the other versions while it catches up(like R*), they'll release the others and then finish it on the PS3 afterwards.

The PS3/360/PC versions look infinitely better then the PS2/Wii versions.

@Zenfolder- I can't undertsnd why you would pick the Wii version just becuase it's $10 cheaper. The visual upgrade for only $10 is huge.

I guess I'm just a graphics whore. :)