By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alone in the Dark: Comparing the Platforms

routsounmanman said:
Is it just me or the Wii version actually looks worse than the PS2 one?

I'm pretty sure it's just you.  I am not saying the wii looks the best, but the PS2 looks the worst of all of them.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:

I was thinking the same thing.

WiiStation360 said:
routsounmanman said:

Me too

Heavenly_King said:
WiiStation360 said:
routsounmanman said:

Me too

To be honest me too.  Hopefully whenever we get more screens again it will be improved.

By the way we haven't actually seen the PS3 version.  That's the 360 and PC version up there.  The PS3 version was delayed indefinitely due to engine problems.

routsounmanman said:

Really? I thought that the Wii screens actually looked quite a bit better than the PS2 screens. Looked smoother.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network

And the lighting looks a lot better from the pics.

Just kiss the tip.

DMeisterJ said:
Eww....

Is the Wii a PS2 port?

That is the latest info from GoNintendo.  The same company is making them and PS2 is the lead platform.  Likely, they will be the same game but the Wii will have better controls and just before finishing they will add some extra graphical details to the Wii version.  If the PS2 version retails at $39, it will likely be the best bang for the buck although the game seems better suited for a rental (which likely makes the 360 the best version to rent).

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Yeah as I scrolled past the 360 pics and saw the PS2 pics not listed as PS2/Wii, it got my hopes up we had some Wii exclusive pics which were better than the PS2 but I agree those look worse than the PS2. Look at that last picture especially. Like I said in the other thread if they can't even get the graphics up to par with RE4 a game that came out years ago on a weaker system that'll be sad considering judging from the gameplay mechanics shown in the videos this thing would rock on a wiimote.

naznatips said:
Heavenly_King said:
WiiStation360 said:
routsounmanman said:

Me too

To be honest me too.  Hopefully whenever we get more screens again it will be improved.

By the way we haven't actually seen the PS3 version.  That's the 360 and PC version up there.  The PS3 version was delayed indefinitely due to engine problems.

no it hasn't as the company website has DVD-Rom, PS3, and 360 listed.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

no it hasn't as the company website has DVD-Rom, PS3, and 360 listed.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=179722

PS3 version delayed till later this year.  Of course that article is from Jan. so who knows what's up now?