By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US March monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussion

Sometimes metacritic do help to sell a game. 93 score is doing wonders

Around the Network

I just noticed MLB is in the top 20!

*happy dance* @ 18 and 22 respectively.

I hope the advertise the sh*t out of the game this year. If they fix the online components, it could be huge.

I am the only one who noticed that both X1 bundles are the same, and they just have different pictures?

Why would Amazon bother with the same bundle with as 2 items with 2 different images?

Remember the PS4 TLOU:R fiasco: 1 item that was 2 bundles with 1 image?

BloodBorne was at #2 last day, now is at #4.
Flop. :(
Under 1,000,000 LT confirmed.

Seriusly, it's awesome as the people continue to said that is a niche game, when actually it dominate amazon... +300,000 just in the US is my prediction, at least 250,000.

Shadow1980 said:
OnlyForDisplay said:

True, but I only want all three to do successful. A generation winner would not mean much if the console market is shrinking.

The market isn't necessarily shrinking as it is seeing a reduction in the number of multi-console households from last-gen. The PS4 and XBO's libraries are so similar that I doubt many gamers feel the need to own both unless they really want the exclusives of both, and the Wii U is obviously no Wii sales-wise. That being said, adoption rates of "conventional" consoles are well within historical norms, at least outside of Japan. LTD PS4 & XBO sales in the U.S. are very strong compared to combined sales of their predecessors, and in Europe the PS4 may be outpacing even the PS2.

I very much agree; this gen is not really representative of yesteryear's console wars: exclusivity has become a very limited factor. Given the amount of chest-beating on the forums over exclusives, you'd think that there are many AAA exclusives. In actuality, there are very few AAA exclusives and far more A and AA exclusives. Beyond that, there is pronounced console library overlap. If the customer is only able to distinguish between two platforms (PS4/X1 and WiiU), then they are most likely going to only acknowledge them as two real options. The PS4 has been so comparatively successful to the X1 by leveraging the PS brand and more powerful hardware (The game libraries are basically the same.). Additionally, the stupendous success of the Wii lied at the intersection of a low pricepoint and a casual appeal. The WiiU is very much neither of those things, catering more to their dedicated fanbase. In comparison, it looks like the market is shrinking, but I think we are simply observing the effect of catering to a smaller section of the market.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
OnlyForDisplay said:

True, but I only want all three to do successful. A generation winner would not mean much if the console market is shrinking.

The market isn't necessarily shrinking as it is seeing a reduction in the number of multi-console households from last-gen. The PS4 and XBO's libraries are so similar that I doubt many gamers feel the need to own both unless they really want the exclusives of both, and the Wii U is obviously no Wii sales-wise. That being said, adoption rates of "conventional" consoles are well within historical norms, at least outside of Japan. LTD PS4 & XBO sales in the U.S. are very strong compared to combined sales of their predecessors, and in Europe the PS4 may be outpacing even the PS2.

I'm glad I caught you. Can you please start a new sales website, because I think this one is dying.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Shadow1980 said:
OnlyForDisplay said:

I second Binary Solo. I would nominate you for Most Intelligent User of VGC if there ever is a contest for that title.

Protendo said:
I just noticed MLB is in the top 20!

*happy dance* @ 18 and 22 respectively.

I hope the advertise the sh*t out of the game this year. If they fix the online components, it could be huge.

I am sure Sony will. I don't think that they would abandon one of their own in house studios.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Shadow1980 said:
OnlyForDisplay said:

As I stated, that's if the market is shrinking. My concern stems from a gamer standpoint. If the market does shrink, then no matter how great a particular gen is, there is cause for concern.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Angelv577 said:
Sometimes metacritic do help to sell a game. 93 score is doing wonders

Makeing good games does that :P

Look at some of the Wii U games and their scores ( good critic score = / = good sales).

Word of mouth > metacritic score by alot.

It all has to do with makeing a good game first and formost though. People need to be able to see reviews/gameplay videos and go "thats what I want".