By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US March monthly bestsellers and general amazon based discussion

I still can't believe Amazon decided to give the PS4 it's own separate Bloodborne skew.

That doesn't sit well with me.

Around the Network
Protendo said:
I still can't believe Amazon decided to give the PS4 it's own separate Bloodborne skew.

What do you mean?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Protendo said:

What do you mean?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UZGQ3G4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00UZGQ3G4&linkCode=as2&tag=powupgam-20&linkId=ARQ4JW7J6VUEKLQH

A seperate PS4 bundle with Bloodborne, yet they can't fulfill all the Bloodborne orders.

Sketchy. Guess I jumped the gun. It looks like the standard skew is back in stock....but how?

Protendo said:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UZGQ3G4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00UZGQ3G4&linkCode=as2&tag=powupgam-20&linkId=ARQ4JW7J6VUEKLQH

A seperate PS4 bundle with Bloodborne, yet they can't fulfill all the Bloodborne orders.

Sketchy.

Oh, I see what you mean now. Let me get this right: You think that they can't now fulfill the orders because they've realised that Bloodborne is selling consoles. So what they've done is taken some of those games that were for orders and put them in SKUs. Yes? If yes, yes it's sketchy ... but good for Sony :)

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Protendo said:

Sketchy.

Oh, I see what you mean now. Let me get this right: You think that they can't now fulfill the orders because they've realised that Bloodborne is selling consoles. So what they've done is taken some of those games that were for orders and put them in SKUs. Yes? If yes, yes it's sketchy ... but good for Sony :)

That was earlier today. I got $20 off for the delay, but it looks like mine shipped tonight. Wonder what is going on. They did start selling the bundle before mine shipped. That still bothers me.

Around the Network
Protendo said:

That was earlier today. I got $20 off for the delay, but it looks like mine shipped tonight. Wonder what is going on. They did start selling the bundle before mine shipped. That still bothers me.

It does look a little suspicious. I agree.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

Im trying to thing of a best practice for adding multiple SKUs on Amazon.

I think the most realistic way of looking at it would be to take a postion midway between the two. For instance, if SKU1 was at #50 and SKU2 was at #60 then it's likely if there was only one SKU that it would be sitting at #55 because the higher SKU would be taking from the lower SKU and visa versa. That makes more sense to me than adding them and assuming ONE would be higher in the charts.

If 50 sells 300 units and 60 sells 200 units, is it logical to say both combined would sell 250 units? (No)

GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

Right but thats impossible because the sum of the sale of two consoles can't be lower than the best selling.  So its combined total must be 50 or lower.

That's assuming that both SKUs amount to MORE than there would be if there was only one. That's why I feel it's the safest bet for now. I also think it's worth considering what I said earlier on but was overlooked:

I'm wondering (if we did it long enough) could we possibly see a correlation between the position of the console in the top 100 and an average expected number of sales? I'll just pull something out of my ass to show what I mean because I'm useless at maths:

100: or less: 100k or less
50: 200k - 300k
10: 300k - 400k
05: 400k or more

It might be worth thinking about in my opinion. We'd obviously have to rethink those averages for the Christmas period. We'd also have to take every month's data and work out an average position for that one month. I'm not sure if just taking the months data would work because I think for this to work we'd have to have a daily update on the average simply because of stock being either lower or higher some days. The monthly would only really give us who won the month and the postion at the end of the month wouldn't necessarily reflect how many units could possibly have sold each day, if you get what I mean.

If the postions of JUST today are to be an indication of whether this is worth it then March NPD would be:

WiiU: less than 100k
XB1: around 250k (akthough 2 SKUs would probably put it nearer 300k)
PS4: around 400k

Yes I do think thst we could find a correlation.  I will check it out.  All we have to do is take the NPD data and use the Amazon archives. We may be able to figure out the greatest mystery of all time: The PSN cards lol.

Anyway I have to back you up for a second.   I said that the total of 2 SKUs in your example could be 50 at the most and probably would rank lower.

You said "That's assuming that both SKUs amount would be more than one SKU by itself". Thats complete nonsense (pardom me) because in a objective reality,  the sales of both is higher or equal to the sales of Ass Creed bundle by itself right now. 

Teeqoz said:

If 50 sells 300 units and 60 sells 200 units, is it logical to say both combined would sell 250 units? (No)

Like I said, that's assuming both combined would be more than one SKU. Perhaps because there are two, the number of each SKU is reduced because one takes away from the other. So: Two SKU = 100 + 300, placing it at 50, but one SKU could be at 400 because that is all that's available, also placing it at 50. Can you see what I mean? We can't possibly know how many each are selling so (for me) the best option for now is to place the position midway between the two.

The PS5 Exists. 

So why is Bloodborne Digital Copy tracked separately at 40? Shouldn't digital and physical sales be combined?

This is the strangest thing. Come on MLB make it to the top 20.

For those wanting some idea on ranking correlation. According to Theresa Regan (Someone who should be in the know) the book rankings averaged out to:
(Amazon did ask her to take down her article)

Amazon Best Seller Rank 50,000 to 100,000 – selling close to 1 book a day.
Amazon Best Seller Rank 10,000 to 50,000 – selling 5 to 15 books a day.
Amazon Best Seller Rank 5,500 to 10,000 – selling 15 to 25 books a day.
Amazon Best Seller Rank 3,000 to 5,500 – selling 25 to 70 books a day.
Amazon Best Seller Rank 1,500 to 3,000 – selling 70 to 100 books a day
Amazon Best Seller Rank 750 to 1,500 – selling 100 to 120 books a day.
Amazon Best Seller Rank 500 to 750 – selling 120 to 175 books a day.
Amazon Best Seller Rank 350 to 500 – selling 175 to 250 books a day.
Amazon Best Seller Rank 200 to 350 – selling 250 to 500 books a day.
Amazon Best Seller Rank 35 to 200 -selling 500 to 2,000 books a day.
Amazon Best Seller Rank 20 to 35 – selling 2,000 to 3,000 books a day.
Amazon Best Seller Rank of 5 to 20 – selling 3,000 to 4,000 books a day.
Amazon Best Seller Rank of 1 to 5 – selling 4,000+ books a day

While things have changed, this is only figures given by someone to believed to be in the know, and we are dealing with a different category, it's something.