By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - The girl who ruined your summer of 2012 is back with Tom Hanks

Are you ready for her return?

Yes! Call Me Maybe was my jam! 31 36.47%

No - Please don't ruin r... 15 17.65%

Ehh - Indifferent, I know... 32 37.65%

Maybe..... 7 8.24%

Total:85

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77PzXCKDyVQ

The "Call Me Maybe" singer is back with "I Really Like You"

It’s been almost three years since Carly Rae Jepsen’s viral musical meet-cute “Call Me Maybe” took over the world, but the Canadian singer-songwriter wanted her next move to be worth the wait. “I told her that she couldn’t come out with anything unless it was on the level of ‘Call Me Maybe,'” manager Scooter Braun, told Billboard in January. “And, now we have a new one that is on that level.”

Whether he’s right will depend on how many YouTube parodies, celebrity sing-alongs andObama supercuts emerge in the next few weeks. But even if “Call Me Maybe” is the kind of song that comes along only once in an artist’s career, “I Really Like You” comes pretty damn close: Over chilly synthesizers and a danceable beat pulled from a 1980s time capsule, Jepsen outlines the familiar early stages of infatuation — fretting over saying the wrong thing, anxiously waiting for the other person to make mov — before launching into another irresistible chorus.

Article curtosey of time.com. Visit the site to finish the article.

Edit: Music video starring Tom Hanks is uploaded

View on YouTube

Around the Network

Oh god, no

crap music, it's crap.

I actually have fond memories of 'Call Me Maybe' because I associate it with my driving practice that Spring/Summer and the subsequent earning of my license.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

You know I was guessing as i clicked on the thread that it was Rebecca Black, but that was a couple years earlier. Still makes me cringe thinking about that song which I won't name.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
You know I was guessing as i clicked on the thread that it was Rebecca Black, but that was a couple years earlier. Still makes me cringe thinking about that song which I won't name.

Yep, she was spring of 2011. I remember very fondly all of the fun I had at her expense. It was just too funny. 

Welp, time to stop going out

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Doesn't sound like a 2015 hit.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Call me maybe was better than this one

Wow, it has been 3 years since that piece of crap first came out? Geez, time really does fly fast!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---