By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Nuzlocke: Have You Ever Dared to Try...?

Platina said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, it was the best way to explain it, and it`s funny! I recommend the challenge if you really like pokemon : 3

Lol, I like playing Pokemon but these challenges make it less fun for me.... too intense!

The reason why I enjoyed XY and ORAS, contrary to many people's view, is because of the OP exp share. Made it super easy to train Pokemon

Yeah, it is pretty intense and heart breaking. This is just a new twist on the pokemon games, which I too have grown alittle worn of after playing so many pokemon games.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
PixelPerfect said:
I was actually thinking about doing one for Emerald or maybe the Moe version (I was curious...). There shall be many hardships, but I hope that I may succeed. And I hope that I will have more money since I won't have to spend it on revives. ;)

Oooh, the moe version would be fun to try! It`d make the journey more fun and painful with a harem/waifus. : D

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Slarvax said:
Totally. I'm actually on my way to finishing a Nuzlocke in White 2, but I lost interest and have it there in case I wanna finish it. Only have succeeded once in Soul Silver. Very long ago tho.

Others have been Diamond (very easy actually, so I just got bored) Blind X (lost in the E4 with 2 Pokemon. The saddest, most epic, and best one yet) and White 1 and 2 a few times, but always failed early on.

This run in White 2 has been very good actually, my MVP is a Reuniclus, and I love him to death. Hopefully I can win

Woah, you`ve done quite a lot of Nuzlocke challenges! That`s awesome! I would get to my challenge off and on due to my schedule or just wanting to play other games, but I too lost tragically in the end with 2 pokemon in the E4, and in Y too! It was so sad, but the journey itself was so awesome! : )

Dance my pretties!

I was doing it in soul Silver. Made a ton of progress then used Metronome on a Magikarp and it cast self destrucy. Rage Quit after that

I have completed four, one in emerald, one in fire red, and two randomised in Emerald and FR (this one was specially horrendous). But I can't win one in Platinum, that game is beyond my strenght.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
the_real_dsister44 said:
I was doing it in soul Silver. Made a ton of progress then used Metronome on a Magikarp and it cast self destrucy. Rage Quit after that

o_o Why would you use metronome? That is such a risky move, such as getting explosion or self destruct : X Sorry that happened to you...

Dance my pretties!

Ka-pi96 said:
I've nuzlocked Platinum before (failed, but oh well ). I used the optional rule of storing defeated Pokemon in the PC rather than releasing though, I love my Pokemon too much to release them

Yeah, I put them in the dead box too... I couldn't release them : <

Dance my pretties!

Darwinianevolution said:
I have completed four, one in emerald, one in fire red, and two randomised in Emerald and FR (this one was specially horrendous). But I can't win one in Platinum, that game is beyond my strenght.

o_o woah! 4 Nuzlockes...! I haven't even completed 1! I failed one and never finished the 2nd. Man, that's awesome...! I hope I can complete one some day...

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:
Darwinianevolution said:

o_o woah! 4 Nuzlockes...! I haven't even completed 1! I failed one and never finished the 2nd. Man, that's awesome...! I hope I can complete one some day...

I actually have a dirty trick, just grinding to always be at least 10 levels higher than the NPCs. Also, even if you can't heal more than once in the Pokemon center, you can just leave all your pokemons on the PC, getting out of it, and when you retreive them they are automatically healed, so I don't break the Nuzloque rules XD. The rules other people follow are usually harder. XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Cloudman said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I actually have a dirty trick, just grinding to always be at least 10 levels higher than the NPCs. Also, even if you can't heal more than once in the Pokemon center, you can just leave all your pokemons on the PC, getting out of it, and when you retreive them they are automatically healed, so I don't break the Nuzloque rules XD. The rules other people follow are usually harder. XD

o_o I've never been that hardcore to only allow one heal per town, so no big ; ) That's a lil too hardcore for me.

Dance my pretties!