By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will sell 50 million in North America

What you think?

Yeah homie 35 37.23%

It'll outsell the PS2 19 20.21%

Won't even outsell the G... 11 11.70%

Master Chief won't allow that 29 30.85%

Total:94
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
PenguinZ said:
I know your last poll option is probably meant to be somewhat trollish, but that's going to be the big reason why the PS4 has no chance of breaking 50m in the US... The XB1 isn't a push over in the US...

Some what trolish? Naw I wouldn't come close to saying that, because it's to near truth. If Halo still has the punch and hit it's had in history. 

It's almost a sure bet the 1 will dominate the 4 toward the end in the US. But i'll stick to global since that's all that matters. 

I was basing it off poll history for the OP. The OP likes to integrate Halo and Master Chief into his polls quite often. He might just really love Halo though, and thats okay. 

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network
thedawghousev2 said:

I can feel it. It's out pacing the 360 by 3-4 million or so in the United States, I firmly believe this generation will be the same length as the 7th generation, and I feel the PS4 will just be extremely popular in North America. The price hasn't dropped yet and it is still doing very well. I think by the end of it's run, the PS4 will be $99.

50 million or more.

PS2: 53.65

Xbox 360: 48.30

Wii: 45.37

PS1: 38.94

NES: 33.49

PS3: 29.06

This generation is going to be 5 years. Expect a PS5 in 2018.

PenguinZ said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Some what trolish? Naw I wouldn't come close to saying that, because it's to near truth. If Halo still has the punch and hit it's had in history. 

It's almost a sure bet the 1 will dominate the 4 toward the end in the US. But i'll stick to global since that's all that matters. 

I was basing it off poll history for the OP. The OP likes to integrate Halo and Master Chief into his polls quite often. He might just really love Halo though, and thats okay. 

ok understandable. then you may be right.

That came outta nowhere

Too hard!

Around the Network

Well considering that unlike last gen there won't really be a Wii taking away sales. The split is going to be pretty much between the PS4 and Xbox One. I wouldn't be surprise if both console can get close to the 50m mark in NA. I still think that Cloud processing might actually extend the 8th gen reducing reliance on hardware.

PS5 and whatever microsoft is doing next will be 2019

In 2020 US:
40M PS4
33M XB1

WW 2020:
115M PS4
52M XB1