By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict what game Tantalus is porting to Wii U

Boutros said:
Materia-Blade said:

I'm not talking about a new audience either. there wasn't a kingdom hearts for home consoles in over 10 years and, in the meantime, the audience was divided/created on sony and nintendo handhelds.

Exactly...

The existing Kingdom Hearts fans aren't Wii U only owners.

Neither they are ps4 only owners.

Around the Network

I think there is a very good chance of it being Star Wars: Battlefront.

-Every game in the series has been rated T.
-It is next gen only, so it being a port from the PS4/Xbone makes sense.
-It is releasing in 2015.
- I would consider it bigger than Mass Effect and Deus Ex.
-It's a game from Disney so even despite EA owning the Star Wars license I doubt Disney would let them skip the Wii U considering how good Disney and Nintendo are relationship wise.
-Also i'm pretty sure no Star Wars game has ever skipped Nintendo consoles. Even The Force Unleashed 1 and 2 got Wii versions.

Of course this is just my opinion but the facts are there.

I'm going with Bioshock....

That would be fantastic on Wii U

tripenfall said:
I'm going with Bioshock....

That would be fantastic on Wii U

That would be awesome, but sadly Bioshock is M rated, so it's out of the running.

2 games come to mind.

Kingdom Hearts 3. It has been talked about in about a year. It isn't on last gen systems. Also while SquareEnix isn't as top notch as say Bethesda, they're definitely well known and much talked about.

Star Wars Battlefront. It hasn't been talked about in a year. It's not going to last gen systems. However the part that trips me up is the top notch publisher part. We know their history with Nintendo and WiiU and how they treated Tantalus before with ME3.... It was bad.

Around the Network
POE said:
Final Fantasy 13 Trilogy or Tomb Rider.

Tomb Rider? And no, Sqaure Enix shouldn't port that abomination to another system.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Zombi4 and ZombiOne, idiotic names are the trend now, deal with it.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

foxtail said:
bunchanumbers said:
Xenogears, or they are working on the localization of DQX. Maybe Kingdom Hearts. But I would prefer some of the Mainline FF games. Just to anger everyone.

I'd buy a Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster on the Wii U just to support the reunion.

Reunion?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

curl-6 said:

I hate to be a downer, but I'm expecting this to be something really meh, like that Ubisoft "Friends" game.

Yeah, I really don't understand the excitement over this whole thing. "Tanta-something porting big 3rd party AAA title to Wii U" should set off all kinds of alarm bells, but instead we get people hoping for Kingdom Hearts III.

No wonder games on Wii U do so badly when fans prefer hyping unknown games that very likely will suck instead of supporting good stuff like Wonderful 101 and Tropical Freeze.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:

foxtail said:

bunchanumbers said:
Xenogears, or they are working on the localization of DQX. Maybe Kingdom Hearts. But I would prefer some of the Mainline FF games. Just to anger everyone.

I'd buy a Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster on the Wii U just to support the reunion.

Reunion?

Reunion of a Mainline Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo home console,  I don't think any Mainline Square RPG series has returned to a Nintendo home console that started on one.