By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The thread about mysticism and meta-physics. Today's topic homosexuality

That seems like a lot of words to tell us that you don't like gay people and wish that they wouldn't exist. Plus, the whole "parade in 'our' streets" comment makes a clear us vs them statement. If you truly aren't a bigot and wish the best for everyone maybe you should choose your words a little more wisely.

Around the Network

Oh, I forgot to mention Jehovah's Witnesses are also guilty of aiding and protecting child molesters. So again, these institutions have zero right to be speaking on any moral principle out there. Unless it's taking full responsibility for allowing sexual predator's unrestricted access to our children, ex-communicating them all, no exceptions, and providing the entirety of their archives on the matter to the proper authorities (you know, ones that will actually do something about it).

reggin_bolas said:
It's a place for people with an open mind, people who are skeptical of skepticism and other narrow-minded positivist epistemologies. 

I understand if it's too strange for you. I simply invite discussion for those who are interested in this branch of philosophy. 

Open mind? Give me a break.

I wish I could find it in my heart to truly care about your isolated point of view, but in reality, I can't. This kind of conversation isn't constructive. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I don't even know what to think of this...

This likely won't end well.

Around the Network

'as you parade our streets'
Believe me, those streets aren't exclusively yours.

reggin_bolas said:

However, I can't bring myself to cheer you on as you parade our streets. 

First Amendment: Freedom of Assembly (1791)

The right to assemble or gather peacefully is a political right that the Founders considered vital to ensuringjustice in government. Assembling peacefully demands that citizens obey laws and act with consideration andrespect.

Throughout American history, individuals and groups have exercised the right to peaceably assemble in order to bring the public’s attention to injustice.

You don't have to cheer, that's not a requirement.  Nor do we have to acknowledge or respect your ideologically driven bigotry.

I honestly don't want to digress too far into the legal and political sphere because that's where the LGBT activists are most comfortable. This is about mysticism and spirituality. There simply is NO need for homosexuality in a perfectly engineered civilization. It's attainable in the higher dimensions of consciousness.

There is nothing spiritually that commands me to approve of your movement. I don't have a right to hate you or judge you. I don't do any of those things. I simply don't share your pride and frankly I wish we'd go back to a don't ask/don't tell society.

Many homosexuals also wish they were straight. It's the gay pride movement which brainwashes them into thinking they are great.

You have to love yourself, and by doing so you love the very existential nucleus of your being. That goes beyond any label such as man/woman, straight/gay. So in that there is no inherent gay pride.

reggin_bolas said:
I honestly don't want to digress too far into the legal and political sphere because that's where the LGBT activists are most comfortable. This is about mysticism and spirituality. There simply is NO need for homosexuality in a perfectly engineered civilization. It's attainable in the higher dimensions of consciousness.

There is nothing spiritually that commands me to approve of your movement. I don't have a right to hate you or judge you. I don't do any of those things. I simply don't share your pride and frankly I wish we'd go back to a don't ask/don't tell society.

Many homosexuals also wish they were straight. It's the gay pride movement which brainwashes them into thinking they are great.

You have to love yourself, and by doing so you love the very existential nucleus of your being. That goes beyond any label such as man/woman, straight/gay. So in that there is no inherent gay pride.

You are not living in a perfectly engineered civilization.  So, your entire point is moot. 

Some have said this yes, however, the elaboration on that is 'It'd be easier to be straight, because of how they're treated' is what should be paid attention to.  Of course, we could also take note of all the seriously hateful Republicans who've decried homosexuality only to come out of the closet themselves.  

A Common claim among the religious in order to sooth their egos that the spotlight isn't on them.  Except, they aren't asking to be treated or thought of as 'great', they're simply asking to be treated as equals.  No more, no less.  Your insistence that they should not, makes you a more suitable candidate for a theocratic society, such as ISIS, where they throw gay people to their deaths.  

mornelithe said:
reggin_bolas said:

However, I can't bring myself to cheer you on as you parade our streets. 

First Amendment: Freedom of Assembly (1791)

The right to assemble or gather peacefully is a political right that the Founders considered vital to ensuringjustice in government. Assembling peacefully demands that citizens obey laws and act with consideration andrespect.

Throughout American history, individuals and groups have exercised the right to peaceably assemble in order to bring the public’s attention to injustice.

You don't have to cheer, that's not a requirement.  Nor do we have to acknowledge or respect your ideologically driven bigotry.

I'm not using ideology to justify my dissent. I'm using meta-physics and mysticism which is not even in the same category as Christianity nor is it an ideology which is in the political sphere of debate. LGBT activists such as yourself are most comfortable debatting this in the very legal and political arena you just cited to (e.g. the constitution of the US). You are also used to dismiss religious dogma. This thread is NOT about dogma or religion. I wonder how you'll handle that since it's outside your comfort zone.