By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Bloodborne be smeared like the Order: 1886? (Opinion piece)

Kerotan said:
generic-user-1 said:
Kerotan said:
generic-user-1 said:

no they are not, they are just not as good.  sony got realy good reviewes for story driven games with a bad story and bad story telling...  

Games like the order,  the last of us and heavy rain have excellent stories.  Same with others like Ratchet and Clank,  god of war and resistance.  They are very good at story driven games. 

sure, and transformers movies are brilliant movies...

For special effects sure.  For story most of them are average.  Overall they're better than people give them credit for. 

well, now we know why you think TLOU order and co have excellent stories.-

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
generic-user-1 said:

no they are not, they are just not as good.  sony got realy good reviewes for story driven games with a bad story and bad story telling...  

Games like the order,  the last of us and heavy rain have excellent stories.  Same with others like Ratchet and Clank,  god of war and resistance.  They are very good at story driven games. 

As someone who has a Master degree in history I can't help but cringe at the story of GoW lol. It's pretty one dimensional, poorly informed, cliché and generic imo. The story is a laughing stock among my friends.

It's fun to watch GoW games though. Flashy visuals, decent gameplay.

generic-user-1 said:
Kerotan said:
generic-user-1 said:
Kerotan said:
generic-user-1 said:

For special effects sure.  For story most of them are average.  Overall they're better than people give them credit for. 

Lol different strokes for different folks.  I'd like movie stories like the departed etc but the Oscars would usually go for something more emotional.

the-pi-guy said:
generic-user-1 said:

In the great scheme of gaming, The Last of Us has a fantastic story.  

Also some very great gameplay too.

I actually agree, but only with The Last Of Us, the other games people have mentioned not so much, most of them are "good" as Star Wars Episode 1 was "good".

Kerotan said:
generic-user-1 said:
Kerotan said:
generic-user-1 said:
Kerotan said:
generic-user-1 said:

Lol different strokes for different folks.  I'd like movie stories like the departed etc but the Oscars would usually go for something more emotional.

No, just no, its like saying adam sandler movies are somewhat funny. 

Around the Network

nope Bloodbourne is GOTY contender

generic-user-1 said:
Kerotan said:
generic-user-1 said:

No, just no, its like saying adam sandler movies are somewhat funny. 

They are funny 

Manlytears said:
platformmaster918 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Smear? The Order deserved the scores it got.

ok so it deserved a 6.5 according to you but the feeling I got pre launch due to all the negative articles was a 5 so I guess it exceeded expecatations.  People are expecting about a 7 for bloodborne so we'll see if it exceeds.

No! Hell no! it's a new game made by the creator of Demon's and Dark souls, two consecrated series! Absolutely amazing gameplay, deep story, multiplayer, jus amazing games whit a score of 8.9 - 9.1! For real dude, i'm, and most gamers, are expecting at the very least to 8.0 from Bloodborne, my money goes for 9.0 since this game is looking gorgeous!

7.0? no, not in hell! I even dare to say that Bloodborne will have the best score for a "next gen. only exclusive" to date, will hit more than 8.7+ for sure!

yeah I think It'll be great too just setting expectations low to make sure it exceeds them.  I was expecting a 5 for the Order and look how I scored that on my account

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Samus Aran said:
Kerotan said:

As someone who has a Master degree in history I can't help but cringe at the story of GoW lol. It's pretty one dimensional, poorly informed, cliché and generic imo. The story is a laughing stock among my friends.

It's fun to watch GoW games though. Flashy visuals, decent gameplay.

Historical accuracy is inconsequential in a story like GoW.  It's hardly about hardline depictions of the Gods and more about them fitting the narrative of revenge.  GoW games have pretty emotional stories and while Kratos is a loveable murderer the underlying themes are very well implemented.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Mr Puggsly said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
lol @ smeared. The Order is a bad game. That's why it got most of the scores it got. "Smear" implies another motive.

No, The Order is a masterpiece. The critics are just too dumb to realize it. They can't appreiciate a cinematic masterpiece. Their only concern is having fun. Games aren't about fun.

By the way, did anybody get upset at the critics for giving Ryse modest score? That game had a good story, great visuals, and the gameplay was pretty decent. However, a 6 seemed appropriate for linear experience with little value. I want to play it again down the road yet I still think it deserves a 6.

Ryse is a great point. Just goes to show the difference in expectations and how different fanbases react differently. I dont remember any supposed conspiracy being thrown around about Ryse's scores, or any talk about how the game was just too cinematic for reviewers.

Hell, imho Ryse has a story a thousand times better than The Order, gameplay that is much more rewarding, AND it has much, much higher replay value thanks to the arena mode offline and online. And im still ok with it only scoring a 6. I would give it somewhere between 7 and 8 or so, but i understand some did not like the combat.

And then some have audacity to say there was no hype for The Order lol