By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Use Walkthrough's If You Get Stuck In A Game?

Some games essentially require it. For example, Majora's Mask is nearly impossible to 100% without a guide. When I was a kid, I had all the time in the world to figure things out. Not so much anymore. I'm not gonna spend hours upon hours trying to figure something out. I'll try it a few times on my own and if I have no clue, I'm not embarrassed to admit I'll open up a walkthrough.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Only if I realllly cant get it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

badgenome said:
Yes. Sometimes I'm dumb. Sometimes the game designers were dumb. It happens. When it does, we need walkthroughs.

This sums things up.

Only for collectables

No, because I feel like I'm retard if I do so, or that otherwise I wouldn't have been able to complete the game, at all, if it wasn't for the walkthrough and not for my gaming skills.

I felt like crap with that over Dark Souls 2, but on my defense, the game pulled some Gamefaqs crap over offline players like me.

Around the Network

If you have completed PT then your answer is yes. Some puzzles were just plain fucking stupid.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
If you have completed PT then your answer is yes. Some puzzles were just plain fucking stupid.

Oh, yeah, this too. I would have never figured out by myself how to write HELL or the ten-steps thing.

I'll try to figure things out by myself, but if something absolutely stumps me, I'll resort to a walkthrough.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I remember doing it for one of Other M's ridiculous pixel finding sections. But I don't usually use them until I'm done with the main quest. I use walkthroughs for end-game sidequests quite often.

This pattern of mine led to some frustration with FFXII though when I learned that couldn't get the best weapon because I opened random chests during my regular game.

Signature goes here!

ArchangelMadzz said:

A little known fact is that PT's alternate title was Why We Need Walkthroughs: The Game.