By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order: 1886 Is Australia's Most Popular Game

GribbleGrunger said:
This guy completely nails it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td2bi2uCijI

Well conducted review, and yet the haters rage in the dislike bar...

Remember the days when games were not outright hated because of a single number and the petty rumors that circulated about them?

Around the Network

Is it great or is everything low?

Good position for a good game :)
The Order has strength points that are not talked about much. I do believe there is a demand in the market for this kind of experience despite of what the gaming community think.

Hope to see good sale numbers for the game

Lawlight said:
That's great but keep in mind that in Australia you can return your game within 1 week and get a full refund, even if you've already played it.

That's a thing in Austrailia? Damn I wish they did that in Canada.

Around the Network

Deserved!

The Order is going to perform well only in its first week and then crash after in every region, thats why some call it "The Pre-Order"

DrasticDracon said:
GribbleGrunger said:
This guy completely nails it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td2bi2uCijI

Well conducted review, and yet the haters rage in the dislike bar...

Remember the days when games were not outright hated because of a single number and the petty rumors that circulated about them?

Not everyone who dislikes the game is a "hater", I think there are many legitimate reasons to disapprove of it.

curl-6 said:

Not everyone who dislikes the game is a "hater", I think there are many legitimate reasons to disapprove of it.

Well I'm sure of that, but do you deny that there are many who judge the game based primarily on my mentioned criteria? (At the very least, people on YouTube)

I think the most common rational complaints are story (for just being unappealing in general), cutscenes (ratio of them compared to actual playtime), and gameplay (being simple and uninspired).

DrasticDracon said:
curl-6 said:

Well I'm sure of that, but do you deny that there are many who judge the game based primarily on my mentioned criteria? (At the very least, people on YouTube)

I think the most common rational complaints are story (for just being unappealing in general), cutscenes (ratio of them compared to actual playtime), and gameplay (being simple and uninspired).

People make snap judgements, yes. But that goes both ways; a lot of positive opinions are based on similarly kneejerk reactions.