By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Hack and Slash game?

Onimusha 2, a fantastic game that holds a small space in my heart nothing can usurp.

Around the Network

The absence of this man is very disturbing.

Edit: Nvm I'm blind.

i have played every game on this list. with exception to Bayonetta 2. And I'll just come out and say it (also this counts as my vote)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma/Black is the best hack and slash action game period.

Anyone that says otherwise probably just hasn't played it and anyone that has will probably know why I say so and agree with me.

Intrinsic said:
i have played every game on this list. with exception to Bayonetta 2. And I'll just come out and say it (also this counts as my vote)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma/Black is the best hack and slash action game period.

Anyone that says otherwise probably just hasn't played it and anyone that has will probably know why I say so and agree with me.

It's an absolute masterpiece.

Redgrave said:

Diablo (Hellfire) - 

Diablo II (Lord of Destruction) - 

Diablo III (Reaper of Souls) - 

Why is Diablo on this list?  It doesn't belong here.  Diablo belongs in a list with Champions of Norrath, Sacred, Titan Quest, Untold Legends, Hammerwatch, Torchilight, etc.  Even games that are slightly similar, like Divine Divinity, Dragon Age, Geneforge, etc, not in a completely different genre altogether. 

Around the Network

No More Heroes 1+2

kupomogli said:
Redgrave said:

Diablo (Hellfire) - 

Diablo II (Lord of Destruction) - 

Diablo III (Reaper of Souls) - 

Why is Diablo on this list?  It doesn't belong here.  Diablo belongs in a list with Champions of Norrath, Sacred, Titan Quest, Untold Legends, Hammerwatch, Torchilight, etc.  Even games that are slightly similar, like Divine Divinity, Dragon Age, Geneforge, etc, not in a completely different genre altogether. 

Sorted.

Ah, tough decisions... I guess I'll go with No More Heroes 2. Probably one of my favorite Wii games.

Devil May Cry and Bayo 2 are hands down the best hack 'n slash games I've ever played!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Devil May Cry and Bayo 2 are hands down the best hack 'n slash games I've ever played!

If you had to pick one, which would it be?