By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if the new Zelda had quick time events? Is there a double standard?

TheSpindler said:
That hypothetical is too way out there to base an argument around that, choose another game maybe(most core Nintendo franchises are built around gameplay and most other things are secondary).

Are people still upset about The Order review scores though? How many mediocre shooters that have focused on graphics a bit too much to the detriment of gameplay have come and gone in the history of videogaming already?

People should just get over it and move on people. You can enjoy the game anyway without critics validating your opinion.

hip hop gamer is still making videos about it, and look at n4g. there are still a ton of articles written about the order and why it deserves higher, hypothetical scenarios, and how review scores dont matter anymore. i think people are stll pretty upset about it.

Around the Network

It's not a double standard, they're very different games and it'd be silly to compare them like that. That's like saying that if the next elderscrolls got negative reviews for only having a map the size of farcry that's a double standard. They're very different games you can't compare them like that.

nintendo knows that this would mean a crusade of the zelda fanboys to reestablish the supreme ruling of miyamoto over the fields of hyrule, and nintendo game desgin

Barkley said:
It's not a double standard, they're very different games and it'd be silly to compare them like that. That's like saying that if the next elderscrolls got negative reviews for only having a map the size of farcry that's a double standard. They're very different games you can't compare them like that.

good point. that is all very true. 

If Zelda had quicktime events I would be even more pissed since I expect better.

Around the Network

Does anyone ever actually want QTE's in their games? Not saying they can't be effective but has anyone ever though "Damn I wish this game had some QTE's"

Anyway the question you ask doesn't address the people who were defending The Order. To gauge a double standard you'd need a non hyped game where no one knew what to expect in terms of gameplay and no one had any expectations. I haven't played The Order but I do think people are comparing it to other AAA games and expectations were set high as its was sonys big new IP on the PS4. As opposed to just taking it for what it is and seeing how much they enjoyed the experience I think a lot of people (like myself), are just going to weight it up against what they wanted it to be/would it could have been.

Thats not to say I think its metacritic is wrong. Just that the way people approach titles is important.

Have you SEEN the hardcore Zelda fanbase? You think they would hesitate to tear Nintendo a new one if they did that? :P

Yeah if Zelda had that crap it would get torn apart and rightfully so. The Order experimented rather unsuccessfully, but Zelda doing that would be breaking something beautiful, and the creators would deserve extra harsh punishment for it. A Zelda like the Order would deserve a 40 or below.

Zelda would never have QTE's.

I could accept something like this in Zelda (for bigger enemies). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP5sssgaHhc (from "Viking: Battle for Asgard").