By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thinking about getting The Order 1886

For the record, i didnt get it. I might try and get it later on but not at the moment. INstead I got Pneuma, which isnt that good so i dont recommend that either. Luckily i will be playing Aganos on Killer INstinct when i get the time

Around the Network

blah blah blah offensive stuff about Sony, blah blah blah offensive stuff about anyone who likes anime, blah blah blah thinking that swearing every other word makes him sound cool....blah blah blah

edited by Torillian

<3

I've just finished my first play through literally 20 minutes ago. Is the game short? Yes, but it still took me 10 hours. However one reason it took so long was because I did something kinda dumb. I totally forgot to use Blacksight, which means some of the tougher fights took me a multiple attempts to get through. But I guess I can bear witness to the fact that you can play through the entire game, on hard without using Blacksight once, except for the one sequence early in the game when you automatically go into Blacksight as the Blacksight tutorial. If you want to make the game a bit more challenging and interesting then I recommend not using Blacksight ever.

If you look at my game collection you will see I almost never give games 9/10 or more. Most game have things that annoy me or basic design faults that mean 9+ is hard to give. So when I say I give the game a 7/10 that's a better score than what people have been conditioned to think. I liked the game a lot more than the people who gave it a 6.5 and had very little good to say about the game other than the graphics. But I still only think it is a good game. There is a helluva lot they can improve on for a sequel to make it a great game.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The story is good, and the game is quite thrilling at times. The ending is a sort of cliffhanger though, so it might make you want a sequel soon.

But if that matters to you, the atmosphere in this game is incredible, and if you enjoyed BioShock and Forza Horizon 2 for the setting, The Order: 1886 is a must buy.

JayWood2010 said:
For the record, i didnt get it. I might try and get it later on but not at the moment. INstead I got Pneuma, which isnt that good so i dont recommend that either. Luckily i will be playing Aganos on Killer INstinct when i get the time

You made the right choice, it'll probably tank in price quickly anyway.