By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 v Wii U lifetime Japan sales.

JustBeingReal said:
Materia-Blade said:

Just like I thought, You're still not admiting your mistakes even after a detailed explanation on why you are wrong.

Here's a little gift, japan sales week ending feb 15: Media create has ps4 at 21.381. Famitsu has ps4 17.981. Vg chartz has ps4 at 19.629, or MC + famitsu divided by 2.

Mistake? You showed no proof for any of your claims, yet you say I made mistakes, I made no mistakes here in my replies to you.

You making an assumption isn't proof, provide a link to a site analyst stating that they use that math, otherwise it's just your assumption.

vgchartz japan data combines MC and famitsu and divides by two. That's a fact, not an assumption. I already proved you wrong, you are just refusing to admit.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
JustBeingReal said:

Mistake? You showed no proof for any of your claims, yet you say I made mistakes, I made no mistakes here in my replies to you.

You making an assumption isn't proof, provide a link to a site analyst stating that they use that math, otherwise it's just your assumption.

vgchartz japan data combines MC and famitsu and divides by two. That's a fact, not an assumption. I already proved you wrong, you are just refusing to admit.

You're not reading my post, provide a source of someone that runs this site stating that's what happens, if you can't, then you have no leg to stand on. If you can't provide a legit source then what you're saying is an assumption.

JustBeingReal said:
Materia-Blade said:

You're not reading my post, provide a source of someone that runs this site stating that's what happens, if you can't, then you have no leg to stand on. If you can't provide a legit source then what you're saying is an assumption.

What source is more legit than the numbers themselves? I'm still waiting for you to answer that.

Materia-Blade said:
JustBeingReal said:
Materia-Blade said:

What source is more legit than the numbers themselves? I'm still waiting for you to answer that.

You're assuming those are the numbers and that's how they're used, the most legit person would be the actual analyst(s) that post the numbers for the site.

If that's how the site operates then you should be able to link to a source stating that. The fact you haven't done that, dispite posting numerous replies too me is quite telling here.

Regardless, official sales numbers from each platform holder are the most legit data that can be given, beyond anything that this site can post in it's estimates. If MC and Famitsu aren't complete sales figures for the Japanese region (which is what you're saying if VG Chartz apparently take those two figures for a given week, adds them together and divides by two, it's by no means accurate) at best they're a guess.

So far you and Spoken haven't linked any sources proving that Wii U is ahead in aligned numbers for the 1st year of sales vs PS4, dispite what you may continue to insist.

SpokenTruth said:
JustBeingReal said:
Materia-Blade said:
JustBeingReal said:

Are you the only person on this site that doesn't know this?

If it's the case then someone should be able give an official stance on that from the site, if there's no comment from an actual analyst that forms the numbers. then it's an assumption on yours and Materia's side.

So far no one here has given me any reason to change my opinion or made me believe that Wii U is officially ahead in aligned sales for the 1st year in Japan.

Around the Network
JustBeingReal said:

You're assuming those are the numbers and that's how they're used, the most legit person would be the actual analyst(s) that post the numbers for the site.

If that's how the site operates then you should be able to link to a source stating that. The fact you haven't done that, dispite posting numerous replies too me is quite telling here.

Regardless, official sales numbers from each platform holder are the most legit data that can be given, beyond anything that this site can post in it's estimates. If MC and Famitsu aren't complete sales figures for the Japanese region (which is what you're saying if VG Chartz apparently take those two figures for a given week, adds them together and divides by two, it's by no means accurate) at best they're a guess.

So far you and Spoken haven't linked any sources proving that Wii U is ahead in aligned numbers for the 1st year of sales vs PS4, dispite what you may continue to insist.

Like the above post, you were shown vgchartz sales multiple times, proving wii u is far ahead of ps4 in aligned sales.

Again neither of you provided a link of a VG Chartz analyst stating that's what they base their numbers on, also as I keep on saying none of these are official numbers, nor does Media Create or Famitsu get data from every single retailer in the country.

So once again you have nothing official backing up what you're both stating.

If both Famitsu and Media Create are inaccurate, then neither of you has a leg to stand on with your arguments.

JustBeingReal said:
Again neither of you provided a link of a VG Chartz analyst stating that's what they base their numbers on, also as I keep on saying none of these are official numbers, nor does Media Create or Famitsu get data from every single retailer in the country.

So once again you have nothing official backing up what you're both stating.

If both Famitsu and Media Create are inaccurate, then neither of you has a leg to stand on with your arguments.

This has gone on far too long. To put it bluntly: you're wrong.

Your whole argument is based off of the assumption that because the PS4 is undertracked WW, it must be in Japan. This is not the case. VGC has always relied on Famitsu and Media Create for all platforms and has never adjusted Japan's sales to accomodate for under/overtracking, because these figures are seen as accurate. 

Seriously, give it a rest. Take a breather. Once VGC adjusts for the 20.2m announcement, you will be proven wrong.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I'm more than man enough to hold my hands up and say I was wrong about the aligned numbers in Japan thing for PS4 vs Wii U in 1st year.

I never said Media Create and Famitsu or whatever other analyst, sales projection sites are right for one, but wrong for the other platform, just that they're not based on complete data, they work with the numbers they can get their hands on, that's the case for all platforms they're used for.

Anyway, I'm entitled to say my opinion, since this is a forum, with threads for stating what you think will be the case regarding a certain topic.

We'll see what happens in the weeks following year 1, I still think PS4 will be ahead by the end of the year.