By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What percentage market share will the Wii U hold at the end?

What percent will the Wii U end with?

More than 25% 4 3.88%

21-25% 8 7.77%

17-20% 16 15.53%

13-16% 24 23.30%

9-12% 26 25.24%

Less than 9% 25 24.27%

Total:103

So I've been seeing the comparative sales and it makes me sad to see the Wii U do so poorly as does most other Nintendo fans. My question is how will Nintendo do comparitively to the other 2? Can they bring themselves up to be somewhat competitive again? Will there be a good turnaround?

Around the Network

Around 10%

MohammadBadir said:
Around 10%

Less, PS4 and Xbox One should do 170 million units combined. Wii U won't top that, not when it's selling 3 million units per year. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

5%

Metallox said:
MohammadBadir said:
Around 10%

Less, PS4 and Xbox One should do 170 million units combined. Wii U won't top that, not when it's selling 3 million units per year. 

I don't think PS4/X1 will pull 170 million. The market is in recession and I don't believe either will carry on that strongly.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I'm guessing about 7-9%

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Metallox said:
MohammadBadir said:
Around 10%

I assumes that they'd do 180m, while the WiiU would do 20m.

Less than 15%.

not much, unfortunately. 10-15%. with Sega and SNK out of the game, they're the only real gaming company left. the ps4 is proof that most (Americans, anyway) just want something that looks good on their big screen tv. they didn't have to go out that far and target the lowest common denominator, but just catering to consumer demands and not forcing a giant controller on people really would have been nice, as someone who was hoping for a GOOD follow up to the Wii.

I say around 12-14%. Not seeing them higher than 15% unless the other two tank completely after some years.

So maybe around 20m with PS4/X1 doing 90/50.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.