By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is this what it takes for XB1 to beat PS4?

It's Amazon giving the deal not Microsoft. Either Microsoft gave them the heads up about a new bundle or Amazon is overstocked and they're trying to get rid of them.

Around the Network

Typically yes, if you aren't winning in sales straight up, you have to have sales and specials to spur sales.

When the bundle was initially sold out Amazon had a notice saying it would be back on 25 Feb, but now the page for the value bundle just says sign up to be notified when it becomes available. I wonder how long before they bring it back.

Wolfenstein direct from Amazon is temporarily out of stock, but still available from third parties. I imagine this is what has caused the value bundle to be temporarily taken out of circulation, since the ACU bundle is still readily available direct from Amazon, and so is the controller.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I'd sell it bundled with an elven whore and a chest full of gold

kinisking said:
EricFabian said:

and yet PS4 outsold it for the rest of the year. And this year until now

well according to amazon. According to amazon it had a huge lead for january. turned out to be like what 40k? also we had one npd so far dont try to act like its been forever xD Also last year xbox one was equal to it or higher in price. go figure ! :O

Paints a completely different picture when looking vat percentages. 

Dec NPD: XB1(1.2M)/ PS4(1M) XB1~20% advantage. 

January NPD PS4 (190k)/XB1 (150k) PS4 ~25% advantage

Now consider the XB1 was $50 cheaper and came with at least 2 free games. image what would happen if Sony matched Microsofts deals come this holiday. in price and in free games. and lastly, at no point when the XB1 was higher or equal in price to the PS4 has it outsold it. go figure. 

Around the Network

Basically the XB1 needs to be seen as clearly the better value. A 50 dollar difference is not enough. It either need to be 100 cheaper or 50 dollars cheaper and 150 dollars worth of toss ins.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

gamemaster4747 said:

On Amazon, I noticed that XB1 was suddenly 6 spots ahead of PS4, whereas PS4 has maintained around a 5 to 10 spot lead for about a month and a half, despite the lower XB1 price and 2 free games. So I was wondering why the big change?

Well, I checked out the description on XB1 and found out that they are now offering 3 free games and a free extra controller! This is extreme. How things have changed.

XB1 went from about $500 with no game or extra controller, unless you count Kinect, down to about $347 with 3 free games and a free extra controller. In comparison, PS4 sells for about $400 with one free game and no extra controller.

Microsoft must be losing a lot of money to do this, as it was reported that XB1 alone costs $400 to make. Throw in the extra controller and 3 free games and MS must be losing at least $100 a sale. Is it even worth that to barely beat out PS4 in America?

Exactly.  It seems like the X1 will have to sell for nearly half the price of the PS4 to beat it in just NA!!!  

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I guess it's totally convenient for you to ignore that tour had been bundled for the last month and a half. Also amazon was including a year of ps+

kinisking said:
EricFabian said:
I think they need to give X1 for free to beat PS4

lookd at november and december npd... right?

do we really not differentiate between price cut boosts and baselines at this point?  The month of a price cut I would hope it beats PS4 and then it got the big AC bundle which effectively made the console worth $250

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Only during holiday time with great deal they stand a chance, like it was last year in the US. Other region they don't stand a chance I think