By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is this what it takes for XB1 to beat PS4?

On Amazon, I noticed that XB1 was suddenly 6 spots ahead of PS4, whereas PS4 has maintained around a 5 to 10 spot lead for about a month and a half, despite the lower XB1 price and 2 free games. So I was wondering why the big change?

Well, I checked out the description on XB1 and found out that they are now offering 3 free games and a free extra controller! This is extreme. How things have changed.

XB1 went from about $500 with no game or extra controller, unless you count Kinect, down to about $347 with 3 free games and a free extra controller. In comparison, PS4 sells for about $400 with one free game and no extra controller.

Microsoft must be losing a lot of money to do this, as it was reported that XB1 alone costs $400 to make. Throw in the extra controller and 3 free games and MS must be losing at least $100 a sale. Is it even worth that to barely beat out PS4 in America?

Around the Network

I think they need to give X1 for free to beat PS4

Click HERE and be happy 

gamemaster4747 said:

On Amazon, I noticed that XB1 was suddenly 6 spots ahead of PS4, whereas PS4 has maintained around a 5 to 10 spot lead for about a month and a half, despite the lower XB1 price and 2 free games. So I was wondering why the big change?

Well, I checked out the description on XB1 and found out that they are now offering 3 free games and a free extra controller! This is extreme. How things have changed.

XB1 went from about $500 with no game or extra controller, unless you count Kinect, down to about $347 with 3 free games and a free extra controller. In comparison, PS4 sells for about $400 with one free game and no extra controller.

Microsoft must be losing a lot of money to do this, as it was reported that XB1 alone costs $400 to make. Throw in the extra controller and 3 free games and MS must be losing at least $100 a sale. Is it even worth that to barely beat out PS4 in America?

Its sold out now though. Has been since this morning.
Edit: plus this seems to be an amazon thing. Maybe they're the ones taking the hit, *mindblown*

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

This deal is Amazon, not Microsoft.

EricFabian said:

lookd at november and december npd... right?

Around the Network
EricFabian said:

That wouldn't help. What they need to do is bundle it with a PS4.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kinisking said:
EricFabian said:

That's so last year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kinisking said:
EricFabian said:

and yet PS4 outsold it for the rest of the year. And this year until now

Click HERE and be happy 

vivster said:
kinisking said:

That's so last year.

Lol :p

EricFabian said:
kinisking said:

and yet PS4 outsold it for the rest of the year. And this year until now

well according to amazon. According to amazon it had a huge lead for january. turned out to be like what 40k? also we had one npd so far dont try to act like its been forever xD Also last year xbox one was equal to it or higher in price. go figure ! :O