By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The WiiU name confusion

How often you see people complaining about gamepad/WiiU game not working on Wii because he thinks it is an add-on?

Always 26 10.32%

Never 160 63.49%

Few times 48 19.05%

Still trying to make game... 18 7.14%

Total:252
slab_of_bacon said:

I don't feel as though we are communicating very well either.  I'm saying that people who get confused aren't serious about purchasing a console to begin with.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but that said actual purchasers are most likely informed.  

When you use the word "consumer", are you referring to shoppers or consumers of other consoles?  Naturally, a Wii U consumer would have successfully navigated mentioned name "problem".

I mean the kind of people who don't frequent gaming forums, the non-hardcore mainstream consumers.

Around the Network
slab_of_bacon said:
oniyide said:

so even when people do find out they generally still dont want it. 

I'm ok with that.  Sucks for them they won't experience it's awesomeness though.

thats the attitude i usually have, but the problem with that is if the numbers are TOO bad then a console has a bigger chance of having the plug pulled early and no one really wants that.

oniyide said:
slab_of_bacon said:

I'm ok with that.  Sucks for them they won't experience it's awesomeness though.

thats the attitude i usually have, but the problem with that is if the numbers are TOO bad then a console has a bigger chance of having the plug pulled early and no one really wants that.

I don't think there's too great a risk of Wii U being discontinued any time soon, if just for the fact that there's too much still in the pipeline for it. They pretty much have no choice but to stick with it at least until Zelda's come and gone.

I've been asked multiple times by multiple people if the tablet was an add on like the balance board. It isn't an unreasonable thing to think considering the Wii would shit out a new plastic accessory every year.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

I`ve never really heard people complain about it because I`ve hardly ever talked about it with people. The few I have didn`t even know what a Wii U was.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

I don't usually talk about the Wii U with people who don't know much about it, but the few I did really knew almost nothing about it and did think that it was just a tablet add-on.

curl-6 said:

I've talked to multiple people in just the last few months, (over 2 years after the system's release) who still thought Wii U was a tablet accessory for the Wii.

A games store near me had a sign up recently reminding people that Wii U games would not play on their Wii because it was a separate console. No such sign was needed for PS4 or Xbox One games.

The average consumer doesn't even know what a "Wii U" is.

The problem is very real, and very big.

I can attest to this. Before I really paid attention to gaming, I thought the Wii U was just a special controller for the Wii. It wasn't until I started going to more gaming sites and forums did I realize it was actually Nintendo's newest console.

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

I don't think there's too great a risk of Wii U being discontinued any time soon, if just for the fact that there's too much still in the pipeline for it. They pretty much have no choice but to stick with it at least until Zelda's come and gone.

im not saying it will im just saying it has a bigger chance of happening. Zelda will most likely come out next year. So lets say it comes and goes in that time frame. That would still be kind of a short shelf life

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

m not saying it will im just saying it has a bigger chance of happening. Zelda will most likely come out next year. So lets say it comes and goes in that time frame. That would still be kind of a short shelf life

I wouldn't actually be that surprised if Zelda was pushed back to 2016, given Nintendo's history with delays.

I can't see Wii U getting replaced before November next year though, which would still be a short life, but more GBA/Original Xbox short rather than Dreamcast plug-pulled short.

Also I've noticed that some people think that it is the same thing as ubisoft's uDraw tablet...