By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata still believes that one piece of software could turn around their fortunes

I think Nintendo had long since given up any hope that the WiiU will see a turnaround. We would have at least seen a price cut by now, if not other means of attempting to buy back market share. It's clear they have taken a step back into profit conservation mode.

This doesn't mean he's going to go to an investor meeting and admit that Nintendo is forever doomed, he has to look for positives moving forward.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:

Yeah, what could that be? -.-
Seriously, If Smash and MK failed to due it (in a large scale), then what's left? Zelda? ¬_¬

I think you missed what Iwata is saying- Pokemon didn't EXIST before then. he's not talking about rehashing a franchise, what he's saying is that potentially a new IP that catches on and gets a craze following could save the Wii U

I rolled my eyes so hard at that.

RolStoppable said:
Can we ban MyNintendoNews? That website is pretty bad as far as news go.

As a nintendo fan i really like it, whats so bad about it?

Then, with all due respect, Iwata is a dipstick. I mean, yes Zelda and X, Starfox, Mario Maker, they all have great sales potential but not enough to turn this into a 3 horse race. Xbone and PS will be duking it out with PS inevitably taking the win. Need I say more...no I needn't.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Then, with all due respect, Iwata is a dipstick. I mean, yes Zelda and X, Starfox, Mario Maker, they all have great sales potential but not enough to turn this into a 3 horse race. Xbone and PS will be duking it out with PS inevitably taking the win. Need I say more...no I needn't.

its not a race atm, nintendo is lagging behind the xbox and the ps4 allready won.  maybe a killer app could give us a race about 2nd place, just like last gen.

and now something realy bold, i think the wiiu could win blackfriday and be number 2 in europe over the holidays if nintendo plays their cards right.

a wiiu redesign in january and a cut of the basic version to 200$ with mk and smash bundled for blackfriday.   that make the wiiu the ultimate gift and sony will not cut the price to much over blackfriday/xmas because they dont need to.

I think they need to accept that the Wii U is just not going to turn around, but I do admire their optimism and delivering the best they can despite the situation. : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

And that's why they're in this mess to begin with. If Smash and Mario Kart didn't do the trick; there really isn't much left to do.

I just finished reading the whole thing and although I grew up on Nintendo and am still a staunch supporter I think they may be screwed. TV advertising not the way to go ... did the Wii U launch teach them nothing? I had hope on the advertising front when i heard they actually advertized the NN3DS alongside mature content (i.e. Better Call Saul & I think it was The Walking Dead) that I thought they might be waking up again, the answers as I interpreted them don't seem to support this. A pity really, I know a TV ad campaign is expensive but if you are looking to single-handedly increase the gamer population then you need to concentrate on current forms of entertainment to do so. I'm not saying that has to be all traditional broadcast TV but I would at least start advertising on streaming sites in addition to traditional TV.

Damn it Nintendo, you're going to back yourself into a Sega corner 10 years from now if you're not careful.

Come now the N faithful, help bring a ray of light back to this now falling member yep I said falling member.

Haha this generation has already proved that Hardware is just as important as games. Better luck next time Ninty...

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]