By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there a Place for Nintendo as a 3rd Party Developer?

Am I making a good argument?

Yes! Nintendo would be doomed as 3rd party! 50 29.59%

No, Nintendo would kick ass as 3rd party! 51 30.18%

lulz didn't read ^^ 34 20.12%

Rezzzzults 34 20.12%

Total:169

So, the op is assuming people that have bought nintendo consoles would not be willing to buy Xbox or playstation to play nintendo games?

Around the Network

The quality and charm would go down because they would have less control and have to deal with 2 consoles, potentially more. I would be a sad Panda if Nintendo went 3rd party and MS and Sony practices had full throttle of the market.

We will find out soon enough, business demands it. Anyone who thinks they need nintendo hardware because of magic lol need to get real. Games would be much better if not held back by unusually weak hardware for the gen that they only release. And the nintendo fanboys would buy a PS or xbox to play Nintendo games, only a small fraction would be jaded fanboy enough to not to because some emo bs they would come up with.

RCTjunkie said:
The quality and charm would go down because they would have less control and have to deal with 2 consoles, potentially more.

I have to ask, because I've seen this before. Less control? Do you mean Sony or MS would tell Nintendo how to make their games? Developing for multiple consoles I can see being an issue, but I dunno if Sony or MS exerts much influence over 3rd party game development, other than luring them in and QC testing.

Considering the people who always cry for Nintendo to go third party are the same ones who refuse to buy Nintendo consoles to play games that they supposedly want, I'd take their opinions with a grain of salt.

I concur with your post.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

I'd say you're just plain wrong if you think there isn't a spot for them. Lots of people want to play Nintendo games without buying a Nintendo console. Not only would Nintendo be able to sell to their core fans, but also to the people who miss their games because they don't want to buy a Wii U. I'm not saying Nintendo should go third party, but I think there is certainly a place for them if they did.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

I don´t think Nintendo would gain or loose too many software purchases (+/- 10-15%). The Nintendo diehards would simply buy the "other" console... same as the more casual nintendo fan. However the latter could be lost to other software from 1st/3rd parties. A couple people of the Xbox/PS camp might try out some Nintendo games but I guess all in all they wouldn´t really care all that much.

arcaneguyver said:
RCTjunkie said:
The quality and charm would go down because they would have less control and have to deal with 2 consoles, potentially more.

I have to ask, because I've seen this before. Less control? Do you mean Sony or MS would tell Nintendo how to make their games? Developing for multiple consoles I can see being an issue, but I dunno if Sony or MS exerts much influence over 3rd party game development, other than luring them in and QC testing.

Yep I really wonder that, too. Do some people really think Sony or MS go to 3rd Party PUBLISHERS and tell them how they have to handle the Projects of THEIR devs? That doesn´t make sense...like really none at all

EDIT: I can see Nintendo become big in mobile though. However they have to price accordingly.

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
generic-user-1 said:
whats a kiddie game? is mk a kiddie game? well most players of mk8 are 20+ and drinking a lot of beer while playing.
or is bayonetta a kiddie game? i mean kids love boobs, but so do men... or DKCTF? a game that makes grown men cry because its so hard?

Uhh, is that what you really think?  I think those would be the minority.

My 8th gen collection

Lol. Of course there isn't an audience for Nintendo games on PS and Xbox platforms, as there are no Nintendo games on PS/Xbox platforms. I thought this was obvious?

On the other hand, there is a potential audience for Nintendo games, nevermind the fact that Nintendo fans would still buy their games even if they were on other platforms. I'm also sure Nintendo could strike a special deal with Sony (and MS) so that Nintendo gets a larger cut from the sales than normal.

Skullwaker said:
Considering the people who always cry for Nintendo to go third party are the same ones who refuse to buy Nintendo consoles to play games that they supposedly want, I'd take their opinions with a grain of salt.

Gamers on forums != all people.  It's about the overall numbers, not about some PS/XB fans saying Nintendo should go 3rd party (in hope they are doomed).

PS4+XB1 userbase is going to be nearing 10X the Wii U user base, and they will sell for longer.  Even with weaker attach rates than to Wii U, Nintendo would be healthy as 3rd party on those and it could expand it's brand.

My 8th gen collection