By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's Woes Show Just How Bad Nintendo's Are

theprof00 said:
Samus Aran said:
super_etecoon said:

Zing!!

Except TP outsold every Uncharted game.

Since when is Uncharted such a low prestige ip? You make it sound like it's just some rubbish ip made by nobodies lol. Uncharted is much more mainstream than Metroid, hence it sells more. Uncharted games are linear, cinematic and not too hard. Metroid is a hardcore game. Uncharted is a casual game (and I don't mean this as an insult).

Well, we also don't know digital rates, but I digress.

I'm not saying it's low prestige. I'm saying the are way more fans out there for zelda..

Again, my example...why is it that new mario games (while doing very well) cannot outsell some other franchises, while a remake of the first mario game can blow every other franchise away.
Nintendo fans think of their developer like a mother. Current mainstream gamers look at their favorite devs like a significant other.

While you love talking to your mother/whatever, it's not always on your to do list. Getting laid however...

Do you really think people don't buy mario games because they're not casual enough? Like galaxy being spherical etc...? It's because the old fans want nostalgia, not nintendo.

I know I always bring up this controversial survey, but why do you think that the main gamers on nintendo platforms are 6-11?? The older gamers disappear for whatever reason..and I don't mean they don't exist. I mean they don't support the company.

New Super Mario Bros on the DS sold 30 million copies lol. Good luck finding me a franchise that can pull off those numbers on a single platform. Well, a non-Nintendo franchise. ;)
And I really doubt the average age of Wii U owners is 6-11.

You might as well ask why Dark Souls isn't outselling Uncharted.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

3DS is over 50mil, dunno how thats into oblivion. Vita is over 10mil. 10mil+ =/= dead. 

Well, shipment last year did drop by 40% and half the shipment was in Japan.

Ok and your point is? That doesn't say Handhelds are dead, it just says a decline YoY.

YoY Decline=/=Handhelds are dead lol

theprof00 said:

I know I always bring up this controversial survey, but why do you think that the main gamers on nintendo platforms are 6-11?? The older gamers disappear for whatever reason..and I don't mean they don't exist. I mean they don't support the company.

Nintendo's Wii U demographics as of last September

sundin13 said:
theprof00 said:

Thought so, thank you for finding a source. That male to female ratio is pretty bad though. :p

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Well, shipment last year did drop by 40% and half the shipment was in Japan.

Ok and your point is? That doesn't say Handhelds are dead, it just says a decline YoY.

YoY Decline=/=Handhelds are dead lol

Duh Tbone don't u know anything???

Once u start to go down ur better off being dead, Nintendo might as well discontinue 3DS right now

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
theprof00 said:

How did they collate that data?

Samus Aran said:
sundin13 said:

Thought so, thank you for finding a source. That male to female ratio is pretty bad though. :p

I expect it to be quite different on the 3DS. Actually, looking up the data, as of early 2012, the ratio was about 6males:4females.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/iwata_discusses_the_3ds_demographic_as_well_as_western_devs_and_audience_ex#.VOvjAPnF-So

Lawlight said:
sundin13 said:

It came from the Wii U eShop. I'm assuming that they ask you for your gender when you sign up for NNID or something like that, but I don't know for sure. Feel free to search deeper: http://nintendonews.com/2014/08/wii-u-eshop-users-female/

KingdomHeartsFan said:

He basically says

Sony has been releasing flop after flop after flop and the PS4 is at 20m sold.  What does this say about the Wii U?  Its releasing quality game after quality game that lives up to the hype and its at 9m.  The PS4 has sold 20m without a single must own exclusive and Wii U has multiple ones, that just shows how bad Nintendo has fucked up with the Wii U.

So rather than looking at their finances, KHF looks at units sold?

Wonderful.

well... part of the problem is people think that low to mediocre review scores are a flop when 80% of games usually don't care. The only time you see the masses raging is because the vocal minority is louder and spams more than the majority because it makes them think they get heard.

sundin13 said:
Samus Aran said:

It came from the Wii U eShop. I'm assuming that they ask you for your gender when you sign up for NNID or something like that, but I don't know for sure. Feel free to search deeper: http://nintendonews.com/2014/08/wii-u-eshop-users-female/

Not sure I would trust that data.

Like I said, I use a controversial data set from infographics that polled purchasers and their intended purchase, as well as the nielsen report here:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=78298