By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Nothing will outsell PSP anymore (except Playstation home consoles)

Ryng_Tolu said:

Or 

and

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Dr.Vita said:
KLXVER said:
Why the PSP?

I want to show everyone what a beast the PSP is.

Well, it's the best handheld to go against Nintendo. That's something, right? ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

*applause*

Chazore said:
Next gen and the one after that are impossible to tell, I still don't know why you're going with the PSP numbers despite it's few successors flopping, Nintendo could say the same about Wii numbers but really they are just numbers and the console is now in the past and isn't supported anymore, just like the PSP is.

The thread is giving me deja vu where no one but Sony can do a ball park hitter, the Vita is just a minor tiny little speck of a setback while the competition apparently has no chance against all odds and mobiles are coming to claim all 7 billion of us and that there will be no market, so what if the handheld market is shrinking, at least Nintendo is still in the game and supporting it, it's not like mobiles are suddenly going to kill off all the hardcore handheld gamers, there's always going to be a market for someone, not take mobile or quit handheld gaming forever like some people are making it out to be.

This.

I can see future home consoles outselling the PSP, because anything can happen, but i don't expect handhelds to reach 80M or wherever the PSP is at right now due to the rise in mobile gaming, but i reckon future handhelds will probably be around where the 3DS is right now, plus better marketing and no gimmicks.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Cloudman said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Dr.Vita said:
KLXVER said:
Why the PSP?

I want to show everyone what a beast the PSP is.

Well, it's the best handheld to go against Nintendo. That's something, right? ; )

In sales sure, in quality, i prefer 3DS.

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Or 

and

This.

At first, I originally thought that this was about the Vita o.O

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Skullwaker said:
Déjà vu.

I was going to say the same!LOL!:p ;)

KLXVER said:
Why the PSP?

My thoughts exactly

sethnintendo said:
small44 said:
PSP had more support then psv+3ds combined.
If a handheld release with a much better support then PSP i'm sure this handheld will outsell it

I can easily agree on the PSV part but PSV + 3DS...  I can't believe that.  From what I remember most people just used their PSP (in USA) as emulators for NES, SNES, etc games.

PSP has  Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII,Dissidia: Final Fantasy,Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Type-0 all of them are exclusive spin off of Final fantasy games PSV+3DS had Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster it's a remake and not exclusive game and Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call and Final Fantasy Explorers they are exclusive spin off but  they are low budgeted one.

PSP had Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and an unhanced version of it 3DS+PSV only 1 games

PSP had 2 high budget exclusive gta games and 1 spin off PSV+3DS 0 GTA games.

PSP had 5 metal gear solid games Peace walker,acid1,acid 2,ops portable 1 and ops portable 2 also exclusive to PSP Vita+3DS only 2

PSP had a lot more IP that are not only 3DS and Vita like Tekken,Midnight Club,Medal of Honor

Their also many other IP not as big as

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

So... You have moved from specifics (X1 vs psp) to generalities... It still feels like the same topic though... Either way, this thread will be long forgotten before any prediction could even be considered...